David Tallman is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Houston office and a member of the Consumer Financial Services group. In addition to residential mortgage lenders, servicers and investors, he represents a broad range of other financial service providers, including depository institutions, auto lenders, credit card issuers, student lenders, sales finance companies and payment systems providers.
David's practice includes:
- Counseling clients on regulatory compliance obligations under federal and state consumer credit laws.
- Acting as regulatory counsel and performing due diligence in connection with investments, acquisitions, and other transactions related to consumer financial products and services.
- Structuring operations and developing compliance and risk management systems.
- Handling privacy and information security matters for both financial and non-financial companies, including by drafting privacy notices and consumer consents, performing data audits, advising on data breach response obligations, creating information security programs, and handling cross-border data transfer issues.
- Advising clients on a range of consumer protection, advertising, telemarketing, and social media issues, including under the UDAP/UDAAP provisions of the FTC Act and the Dodd-Frank Act, the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, the CAN-SPAM Act, the Telephone Sales Rule, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and similar state laws.
- Helping clients to develop e-commerce platforms to facilitate the electronic delivery of financial services.
David co-authored the Mortgage Banker's Association's National Servicing Standards Resource Guide. He has written numerous articles on consumer finance issues and is a frequent lecturer at seminars and conferences sponsored by industry groups on legal issues relating to consumer financial products and services.
Georgetown University Law Center, JD, cum laudeDeans List
Macalester College, BA, magna cum laudePhi Beta Kappa
Inscriptions au Barreau
- District of Columbia
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- International Association of Privacy Professional