Orsolya Szotyory-Grove is a senior associate of Mayer Brown’s Vietnam office. Orsolya has over nine years experience in corporate and commercial matters and all aspects of investment and licensing in Vietnam, including tax and structuring advice. She also has experience advising on compliance with anti-corruption laws, and developing internal corporate compliance programs.
- Assisted in negotiation of, and reviewed and revised share purchase agreement for $15 million share sale of a 100% foreign owned Vietnamese aquafeed company to Dutch animal feed manufacturer, including advice on tax consequences for shareholders.
- Advised TPG Capital on its acquisition of a majority stake in Vietnam Australia International schools from its founder, Mekong Capital and MAJ Invest.
- Drafted and managed submission of licensing applications for fruit processing company, beer manufacturer, car rental services, chemical distributor, energy drink distributor, and software development companies.
- Crafted revised corporate Code of Conduct and created a manual on investigation, retention, and payment of third party consultants, including guidelines on gifts, travel, and reimbursements.
- Provided comprehensive review of potential risks under Vietnamese criminal laws and anti-corruption laws of a proposed DOJ/SEC settlement agreement with client, where the settlement agreement revealed potentially prohibited acts in Vietnam. Review included assessment of potential liabilities; applicability of reporting requirements; risks to client’s other business interests in Vietnam; and possibilities for mitigation of risks or harm.
Tulane University Law School, JD, Certificate in European Legal Studies
Managing Editor, Tulane Law Review
Princeton University, BA
Inscriptions au Barreau
- New York
- Australian Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam
- Chair, Legal Committee at American Chamber of Commerce, Ho Chi Minh City
- New York State Bar Association
- Next Generation Lawyer, Corporate and M&A (Vietnam) – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2017-2021)