Corporate & Securities, Global Anti-Corruption & FCPA, Banking & Finance
Ursula Szotyory-Grove is a senior associate in the Corporate & Securities practice in Mayer Brown’s Vietnam office. Ursula has over fifteen years experience in corporate and commercial matters and all aspects of investment and licensing in Vietnam. She also has experience advising on compliance with anti-corruption laws, and developing internal corporate compliance programs.
- Advised ADB on a loan to Hayat Kimaya manufacturing facility for production of woman's and children's hygiene products.
- Advised Novaland syndicated facility with Maybank and Vietinbank.
- Advised DEG on its preference share investment in Gia Lai Electricity.
Advised ADB, EFA and JICA in relation to the project financing of the 144 MW Lotus wind farm in Quang Tri Province, Vietnam.
- Advised FMO, the Dutch Development Bank, as international counsel on bilateral and syndicated financings to corporate clients, commercial banks, finance leasing companies, and microcredit institutions in Vietnam, Mongolia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, and Sri Lanka.
- Advised two leading global banks on a US$200 million onshore/offshore real estate financing and subsequent restructuring and workout of that loan facility.
- Advised selling shareholders in VNG Corporation (Vinagames) in a disposal of a minority stake in Vinagames to a foreign fund.
- Advised European investors in an equity investment in a publicly-traded Sri Lankan insurance company.
- Advised FMO, the Dutch Development Bank, on a 15% equity investment in Hamkorbank, one of the largest commercial banks in Uzbekistan and a public company traded on the Tashkent Stock Exchange.
- Advised FMO (Dutch Development Bank), Belgian Investment Company for Developing Countries (BIO) and Dragon Capital Group on the auction process and strategic sale of their collective 67% shareholdings in PRASAC Microfinance Institution, Cambodia's largest microfinance institution with more than US$1.3 billion in assets. The transaction closed in March 2017 and was recognized as being one of the most innovative transactions in 2017.
- Advised FMO on its divestment from a Sri Lankan microcredit institution.
- Advised a European Development Finance Institution on the financing of, and equity investment in, a LPG Terminal in Bangladesh.
- Advised leading international banks on the divestment of all shares in a leading domestic commercial bank, which is one of the largest private banks in a SE Asia market.
- Advised the lead investor in the Series B funding round of Sendo Technology JSC, one of Vietnam's leading e-commerce platform.
- Advised TPG Capital on its acquisition of a majority stake in Vietnam Australia International schools from its founder, Mekong Capital and MAJ Invest.
- Advised a Japanese global PE fund on a significant minority investment in the holding company of one of Vietnam's leading fintech companies.
- Advised a leading international bank in its disposal of minority strategic equity stake in a publicly listed Vietnamese commercial bank.
- Recommended Lawyer - Banking and Finance, Vietnam – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2023)
- Rising Star - Corporate and M&A, Vietnam – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2022-2024)
- Next Generation Lawyer - Corporate and M&A, Vietnam – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2017-2021)
- Tulane University Law School, JD, Certificate in European Legal Studies
Managing Editor, Tulane Law Review
- Princeton University, BA
Inscription au Barreau
- New York
Engagement professionnel et communautaire
- Australian Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam
- Chair, Legal Committee at American Chamber of Commerce, Ho Chi Minh City
- New York State Bar Association