Philipp Studt is an associate in the Brussels office of Mayer Brown’s Antitrust & Competition practice.
In his practice, Philipp focuses on complex merger control, antitrust and state aid proceedings before EU institutions and national competition authorities. Furthermore, Philipp advises clients on complex foreign investment review questions and handles filings, inter alia, to the German and French authorities. Philipp also helps clients on distribution related issues, and regularly provides antitrust compliance advice and training to companies and trade associations.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Philipp gained experience in major international law firms in Brussels and worked as a consultant at the World Bank.
Philipp is fluent in German, English and French. He also has a working knowledge of Spanish.
- Part of team advising Linde Group in the EU Commission’s merger investigation resulting in a remedy clearance concerning their merger under equals with Praxair.
- Part of team advising Takeda in its merger proceedings before the EU Commission and national authorities concerning the acquisition of Shire.
- Assisted a number of private equity companies in the EU Commission merger control proceedings concerning a number of transactions.
- Part of team advising Continental Group in front of a number of national competition authorities in relation to its acquisition of Hornschuch.
- Advising an international insurance company in relation to complex EU and German antitrust questions.
- Part of team advising a Japanese auto-parts producer in a cartel investigation by the EU Commission, as well as in the subsequent settlement negotiations.
Note: the above experience was gained at a previous law firm
Georgetown University Law Center
University of Nottingham
University of Vienna
Inscriptions au Barreau
- Brussels, Belgium
- New York
- Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht