Banking & Finance, Asset Finance, CDOs and CLOs
Gary Silverman is a senior debt capital markets lawyer with a particular focus on advising corporate trust houses in their various roles, including note trustee, security trustee, paying agent, collateral agent, escrow agent, cash manager and custodian on a broad range of issues and products, including stand-alone bond offerings, medium term note programmes, repackagings, securitisations, collateralised debt obligations and other forms of asset-backed and structured finance transactions. Gary also has significant experience in advising on post-issue matters, such as restructurings, defaults and, generally, on the exercise of trustee powers, duties and discretions. In addition, Gary has advised issuers and dealers on a range of general securities work, including medium term note programmes and covered bond programmes and issues thereunder.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Gary worked in the London office of another large international law firm.
- Represented the trustee in connection with the capital market acquisition and refinancing of a large number of operating companies of on-shore wind farms located in Germany and France.
- Represented the trustee in connection with the issue of bonds to finance the ownership, operation and funding of electrical interconnectors and other energy assets and investments in the UK.
- Represented the trustee in connection with the issue of secured convertible bonds by a specialist real estate company focused on the German real estate property market.
- Represented the trustee in connection with the issue of £325,000,000 5.250 per cent. bonds by one of the world’s leading transport operators.
- Advised the trustee on various consents in connection with residential mortgage backed securities issued by a number of securitisation vehicles, arranged by a major UK bank.
- Gary is noted as adding “specialist trustee expertise” by Legal 500
- University College London (University of London), LLM
- The University of Law (formerly known as The College of Law), London, Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- SOAS, University of London, LLB, Honours
Inscription au Barreau
- England and Wales