Gary Silverman is counsel in the Banking & Finance practice in the London office. He is a senior debt capital markets lawyer with a particular focus on advising corporate trust houses in their various roles, including note trustee, security trustee, paying agent, collateral agent, escrow agent, cash manager and custodian on a broad range of issues and products, including stand-alone bond offerings, medium term note programmes, repackagings, securitisations, collateralised debt obligations and other forms of asset-backed and structured finance transactions. Gary also has significant experience in advising on post-issue matters, such as restructurings, defaults and, generally, on the exercise of trustee powers, duties and discretions. In addition, Gary has advised issuers and dealers on a range of general securities work, including medium term note programmes and covered bond programmes and issues thereunder.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Gary worked in the London office of another large international law firm.
- Represented the trustee in connection with the capital market acquisition and refinancing of a large number of operating companies of on-shore wind farms located in Germany and France.
- Represented the trustee in connection with the issue of bonds to finance the ownership, operation and funding of electrical interconnectors and other energy assets and investments in the UK.
- Represented the trustee in connection with the issue of secured convertible bonds by a specialist real estate company focused on the German real estate property market.
- Represented the trustee in connection with the issue of £325,000,000 5.250 per cent. bonds by one of the world’s leading transport operators.
- Advised the trustee on various consents in connection with residential mortgage backed securities issued by a number of securitisation vehicles, arranged by a major UK bank.
- Represented the trustee in connection with amendments to the euro note programme established by one of Portugal’s largest private banks.
- Represented the trustee in relation to the issue of £200,000,000 5.00 per cent. Guaranteed Secured Notes by a leading British based residential property business.
- Advised the trustee regarding consents in connection with GBP 20,000,000,000 Limited Recourse Secured Note Programme (repack programme) arranged by a major UK bank.
- Represented the swap collateral account bank and custodian in respect of Class A Notes and Class Z VFN Notes issued by an asset backed securities issuance vehicle. The cash manager is one of the largest building societies in the UK.
- Represented the principal paying agent, account bank and custodian re £140,000,000 4.843 per cent. secured bonds issued by a large social landlord in London.
- Represented the trustee concerning amendments to the collateralised medium term note programme established by an investment vehicle intended to lend to Irish small and medium-sized enterprises and corporate.
- Represented the trustee regarding consents given in connection with €400,000,000 6.75 per cent. guaranteed notes and £300,000,000 7.75 per cent. guaranteed notes issued by a global travel company.
- Represented the trustee on issue of senior secured floating rate notes and participating term certificates. The collateral manager is a global alternative asset manager.
- Represented the trustee in respect of the EUR5,000,000,000 Limited Recourse Secured Debt Issuance Programme arranged by a multinational Basque banking group.
University College London (University of London), LLM
The University of Law (formerly known as The College of Law), London, Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice
SOAS, University of London, LLB, Honours
Inscriptions au Barreau
- England and Wales
- Gary is noted as adding “specialist trustee expertise” by Legal 500 2015