Matt C. Shaw
Cross-Border Investigations & Enforcement, International Litigation & Dispute Settlement, Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Clients trust Matt Shaw's more than 15 years of experience in international commercial arbitrations in Asia/worldwide cross-border disputes, arising in such sectors as:
- Financial services
- Energy and construction
- Intellectual property
- Private equity funds
- Major national infrastructure projects
- An Anglo-American and Japanese project consortium in a series of ICC arbitrations seated in Singapore and related litigation in connection with construction disputes with project owners and subcontractors arising from the construction of an LNG and petrochemicals facility.
- An Indonesian state-owned enterprise in an SIAC-administered arbitration under UNCITRAL Rules seated in Singapore. The dispute was the second arbitration to arise from the construction of a 400-km subsea gas pipeline in the 1990s and involved complex allegations of corruption stemming from the Suharto era, as well as developments in the regulation of the state's oil and gas industry. The matter was settled on favourable terms following an application to set aside the award.
- A Korean pipeline services business in an SIAC arbitration seated in Singapore. The dispute arose out of a series of contracts to supply pipelines to the Indonesian state entity PGN.
- A Korean EPC contractor in related disputes in ICC arbitrations seated in Singapore arising from the construction of supercritical coal-fueled power plants in Indonesia and Thailand.
- An Indian conglomerate and related subsidiary companies in an ICC arbitration seated in Singapore. The dispute arose in relation to the provision of construction services in the power sector provided to an Indonesian conglomerate in the business of power plant construction.
- A "Future Leader" among international arbitration practitioners in Asia-Pacific, Arbitration Future Leaders – Non-Partners – Who's Who Legal
- College of Law, London, Diploma in Legal Practice
- University College London, LLM, Legal Theory and History
- University College London, LLB
1st Class, Dean’s List, UCL Law Faculty Medal
Inscription au Barreau
- England and Wales
Engagement professionnel et communautaire
- Fellow, Singapore Institute of Arbitrators