Kevin Shaw is senior counsel in the Houston and Los Angeles offices of Mayer Brown and a member of the Banking & Finance practice. Kevin's practice focuses on natural resources and energy law. His transactional experience includes acquisitions and sales of assets or equity of oil and gas, power and mining companies. He represents lenders and borrowers in secured production financing and limited recourse project financing of oil and gas, power, pipeline, petrochemical, refining, coal, hard rock mining (gold, copper, nickel, iron and platinum/palladium), geothermal and wind projects and companies. His experience also includes equity offerings of oil and gas producers and mining companies; formation of partnerships, limited partnerships, joint ventures, business trusts, LLCs and other entities; and restructurings of troubled companies and loans.
Kevin's operational experience includes advice to operators, non-operators, investors, lenders, pipelines, power plant developers and operators, as well as drilling contractors and service companies in connection with the exploration, development and operation of oil and gas and mining properties. He also prepares or reviews documents and provides advice concerning leasing, assignments, pooling/unitization matters, title issues, division order and royalty owner issues, production sales, transportation and processing arrangements, lease acquisition, exploration, drilling and other development agreements.
The University of Houston Law Center, JD, with honors
The University of Texas, BA, with honors
Inscriptions au Barreau
- Colorado Bar Association, Mineral Law Section
- Denver Association of Oil and Gas Title Lawyers, Secretary-Treasurer, 1985-1986; President, 1986-1987
- State Bar of California, Real Property Law Section, Natural Resources Subsection, Southern California Chairman, 1994-1997
- State Bar of Texas, Mineral Law Section
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation, Mineral Law Newsletter, California Oil & Gas Editor, 2003-2019