Brad A. Resnikoff
Financial Services Regulatory & Enforcement
A "Rising Star"
Brad Resnikoff represents non-US and domestic financial institutions on regulatory, enforcement, and strategic issues. Global financial institutions seek out Brad for representation in significant multijurisdictional civil, criminal, and regulatory enforcement proceedings relating to money laundering issues, tax crimes, US economic sanctions, and corrupt practices. He assists clients with developing investigation strategy and manages internal investigations to assess allegations of misconduct, manage risk, and advise on legal strategies with regulators, law enforcement, Congressional investigators, and partner institutions. Clients praise his deep understanding of financial crimes laws and regulations and the complexities arising in cross-border contexts, including issues related to data privacy and legal privilege. Brad has in particular developed an in-depth knowledge of private banking business practices and related financial crimes risks, through representations of the world's foremost private banks on a variety of sensitive and strategic matters over the last nearly 15 years.
- Leading European financial institution in anti-money laundering investigation involving potential exposure to the "Troika Laundromat," a Russian money laundering operation.
- Leading European environmental services company in World Bank investigation relating to Latin American procurement project.
- Leading European financial institution in connection with an internal investigation and voluntary self-disclosure to OFAC of transactions involving Libyan SDNs.
- Leading domestic bank in CFPB enforcement investigation of various consumer deposit issues.
- Non-US banks in responding to OFAC subpoenas.
- A "Rising Star” in Financial Services Regulation – IFLR1000.
- American University Washington College of Law, JD
ABA Administrative Law Review, Articles Editor
- American University, BA, magna cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa
Inscription au Barreau
- District of Columbia
- New York