Xiaowen Qian is counsel in Mayer Brown's Palo Alto office and a member of the Real Estate practice. Prior to joining Mayer Brown, she practiced with an international law firm in both Washington DC and Shanghai. Xiaowen's native language is Mandarin and she is also fluent in English.
- Represented a real estate fund in the acquisition of a mixed use project (multifamily rental and office) in Austin, Texas, the formation of joint venture and in the related construction/acquisition loan (approximately $100 million).
- Represented a private investment firm in the acquisition (for approximately $219 million), financing and partial sale of a portfolio of active adult multifamily assets in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Represented a real estate fund in the $269 million disposition of a newly-developed 291,000 square feet office building in Seattle, Washington to a Japanese construction company.
- Represented an affiliate of a life insurance company in the disposition of a trophy, new construction multi-family apartment tower in San Francisco, California for approximately $410 million.
- Represented an affiliate of a life insurance company in the disposition of an office building located in San Francisco, California for approximately $185 million.
- Represented a private investment firm in two credit facilities of approximately $20 million to finance the construction of self-storage properties in California.
- Represented a private investment firm in the disposition of a multi-state, 10-asset portfolio of self-storage facilities for approximately $233 million.
- Represented a real estate investment firm in the acquisition of a retail project in San Diego, California for approximately $106 million.
The University of Hong Kong, BA
George Washington University Law School, JD, cum laude
Inscription au Barreau
- New York
- District of Columbia