Global Investigations & White Collar Defense, Cross-Border Investigations & Enforcement, Financial Services Regulatory & Enforcement
Liang Pu is dual qualified and advises clients on contentious and non-contentious matters with a particular focus on investigations, regulatory compliance, governance and enforcement matters. Her practice includes risk assessments, third-party management, transaction due diligence, remediation and integration, liaison and settlement with government agencies, establishment or enhancement of internal compliance programmes, and designing and providing compliance training. Liang's commercial litigation experience includes disputes concerning fraud, corporate and shareholders' disputes, directors' duties, enforcement of foreign judgments and contractual claims. She has also advised bank creditors, Provisional Liquidators and Liquidators in multi-jurisdictional restructurings and insolvencies.
Investigations and Enforcement
- Conducted an internal investigation for a leading US multinational conglomerate in relation to bribery related allegations involving the use of third-party intermediaries in its healthcare and medical devices operations in China; involving an extensive review of documentation and interview of witnesses over a significantly long period of time focusing on (1) the evaluation of activities that occurred; (2) the accuracy of books and records; (3) the adequacy of internal controls; (4) the consideration of remedial measures; (5) the risks relating to potential violations of the FCPA and Chinese law. Advised on and represented client in reporting and responding to the US DOJ and SEC; conducting compliance review and remediation .
- Acted for a home-collected credit provider in FCA's s166 Skilled Person Review and redress exercise.
- Represented an international investment bank’s staff in an investigation by the Hong Kong Independent Commission Against Corruption concerning the bank's hiring program in connection with a separate US FCPA probe.
- Listed as a key lawyer for Regulatory Investigations and Corporate Crime. The London-based team was strengthened in October 2021 with the transfer of counsel Liang Pu, who brings significant Chinese law expertise and experience in global bribery proceedings, from the firm’s Hong Kong office
- The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
- The London School of Economics and Political Science, LLB
Inscription au Barreau
- England and Wales
- Hong Kong