Ruchira Podali is an associate in the Corporate & Securities practice in the Houston office of Mayer Brown. She represents issuers and underwriters in public offerings and private placements of equity and debt securities, including initial public offerings, follow-on offerings, investment grade and high-yield debt offerings, tender and exchange offers and other capital markets transactions. Ruchira also advises clients on ongoing securities compliance issues, including stock exchange obligations and corporate governance matters.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented Royal Dutch Shell plc (through a subsidiary) in the division of Motiva Enterprises LLC, a joint venture with an affiliate of Saudi Aramco.
- Represented Neighborhood Centers Inc. in the merger with Daniel and Edith Ripley Foundation to create BakerRipley.
- Represented Bristow Group Inc. in $125 million public offering of convertible senior notes and $350 million Rule 144A offering of senior secured notes.
- Represented Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc. in $259 million common stock offering, $228 million common stock offering, $250 million public offering of senior notes, $250 million private placement of redeemable preferred stock and various redemptions of outstanding senior notes.
- Represented Westar Energy, Inc. in multiple public offerings of first mortgage bonds totaling $625 million.
- Represented Sunnova Energy Corporation in its first asset-backed securitization collateralized by a pool of distributed generation solar assets.
- Represented underwriters in connection with $1.25 billion public offering of debt securities of Burlington Northern Santa Fe, LLC.
Public Company Corporate Counsel
- Previously served as corporate counsel to Bristow Group Inc., Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc., Westar Energy, Inc., Callon Petroleum Company and Dril-Quip Inc. — Exchange Act reporting; proxy statements; NYSE and NASDAQ matters; board matters; corporate governance, Reg FD issues, Section 16 compliance.
University of Houston, BS, summa cum laude
Albany Law School of Union University, JD, magna cum laude
Executive Editor for Lead Articles, Albany Law Review
Inscription au Barreau