Astrid Pieron's practice covers counseling on the transactional aspects of transfer pricing, tax optimization of mergers and acquisitions, structuring of investment funds and general assistance to private equity deals.
Astrid is heading the Mayer Brown European transfer pricing center that coordinates transfer pricing strategies and controversies in Europe. She served as a non governmental member to the EU Joint transfer pricing Forum advising the EU commission on transfer pricing matters (2012-2015). She currently serves as a Member of the EU Platform for Good tax Governance advising the EU commission on the BEPS implementation.
Before joining Mayer Brown's Brussels office in 2007, Astrid practiced in Brussels and Luxembourg with two of the world’s leading tax and accounting firms: Deloitte (2002 to 2006) and Arthur Andersen (1981 to 2002). Reflecting her multinational practice, she is fluent in French, Dutch and English.
Ecole supérieure des sciences fiscales, grande distinction
Université Catholique de Louvain, licence et agrégation en droit, Distinction
Inscriptions au Barreau
- Brussels, Belgium
- Expert Comptable/Conseil Fiscal IEC 1986-2007
- Member of the EU Platform for Good Tax Governance
- Vice –chair of Amcham EU tax committee
- Former member of the EU Joint Transfer Pricing Forum ( JTPF)
- Member of the Board of Union Wallonne des Entreprises
- Lecturer at the Executive Master en Gestion Fiscale (Solvay Brussels School of Economics and management)