Rhys Morgan is an associate in the Construction & Engineering group and International Arbitration practice of the London office. His primary area of work is international arbitration and particular commercial, construction and investor-state disputes.
Rhys's experience includes international disputes involving a wide variety of projects. He has represented clients in complex high-value arbitrations and adjudications.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Rhys worked in corporate finance at a PE boutique, as an analyst at a top three management consultancy, as an independent consultant to a number of start-ups and corporates, and as a regulatory policy analyst at the Paris offices of an intergovernmental economic organisation. He joined Mayer Brown in 2018 as a trainee, and, during his training contract, spent six months seconded to Beazley’s M&A underwriting team.
- Advising a West-African State in an ICC Arbitration against an international hotel operator in relation to breaches of a hotel management agreement.
- Advising on a number of ICC arbitrations in connection with the design and construction of a major maritime project in Central America.
- Acting for a leading Spanish contractor in relation to multiple ICC arbitrations concerning the development of solar power plants in North Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Acting as Tribunal Secretary on a DIAC arbitration concerning the design and construction of an infrastructure project.
- Advising a state oil company on contractual and tortious claims against a Middle Eastern state entity in relation to a gas supply agreement.
- Advising Messrs Jak and Edward Sukyas in a pending arbitration under the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules against Romania on the basis of US and Canadian bilateral investment treaties.
- Advising an international hospitality and entertainment company in relation to claims concerning the construction of a resort in East Asia.
- Regulatory Policy Analyst, intergovernmental economic organisation (Paris)
- Interim Head of UK Retail Reporting, top tier UK & Ireland gambling company
- Management Consultant, top tier management consultancy
- Corporate Finance Analyst, private equity specialist advisory boutique
BPP University Law School, LPC
University College London, LLB
London School of Economics (LSE), BSc (Hons) Economics
Inscription au Barreau
- England and Wales
- SVAMC Young Professionals
- London VYAP
- ICC YAF
- Young ICSID
- Young ICCA
- LCIA – Young International Arbitration Group