Gerard Moore is a senior associate in the Construction & Engineering group and International Arbitration practice of the Dubai office.
Gerard acts on a range of construction and commercial disputes and across a number of dispute resolution forums. He has represented clients in international and domestic arbitrations, litigation in intermediate and superior courts (in the UAE and Australia), adjudication and mediation.
Gerard also acts for and advises clients on non-contentious aspects of construction projects. His experience includes drafting and negotiating project agreements on behalf of employers, contractors, subcontractors and consultants. He also regularly provides in-project advice to clients in respect of their legal and contractual rights and obligations.
Gerard has acted and advised on a wide-range of construction and engineering projects, including building, construction, engineering, rail, infrastructure, mining and oil and gas projects across the Middle East, Australia and Asia. He has also acted on a range of commercial disputes, including property disputes, banking and finance disputes and corporate collapses.
Gerard has authored a number of articles in a variety of legal and building industry journals.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown:
- Acting for a national oil company in a US $2bn LCIA arbitration relating to an oil and gas project in Kuwait.
- Advising a joint venture contractor in relation to a US $800m claim in connection with a landmark hospital project in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Advising the lead contractor of the consortium responsible for the US$2.9bn extension and upgrade of Dubai Metro's Red Line.
- Acting for the owner of a glass fiber manufacturing facility in Saudi Arabia in a US $100 million LCIA Arbitration.
- Acting for an international joint venture in SAR 90m DIAC proceedings relating to the design of two landmark hospital projects in Riyadh and Jeddah, Saud Arabia.
- Acting for the main contractor in US $20m DIFC-LCIA proceedings arising out of a project for the upgrade of LNG facilities at the Umm Qasr Marine Terminal in Basrah, Iraq.
- Acting for a joint venture design and construction contractor in a USD $250m HKIAC arbitration in relation to stay cable bridge in Hong Kong.
- Acting for a subsidiary of Rio Tinto Iron Ore in a series of adjudication applications relating to power station and fuel infrastructure projects in Western Australia worth over USD $80m.
- Advising an EPC contractor in respect of claims for defective works relating to a combined cycle gas turbine power plant in Dubai.
- Advising an EPC contractor in relation to a dispute about the valuation of varied works in respect of a light rail project in Qatar.
- Acting for Arup in Victorian court proceedings relating to a government-owned recreational facility in Melbourne, Australia.
- Acting for Hyder Consulting (now Arcadis) in Victorian Court proceedings relating to the redevelopment of industrial area in Melbourne, Australia.
- Acting for the Hong Kong office of a Japanese curtain wall contractor in Victorian Supreme Court proceedings in relation to a mixed-use building project in Melbourne, Australia.
Monash University, LLB (Hons)
College of Law, Melbourne, Australia, Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
Inscriptions au Barreau
- High Court of Australia
- Supreme Court of Victoria