Tiago do Monte Macedo
Corporate & Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions, Critical Minerals
Tiago Macêdo assists energy clients in a variety of regulatory matters, including in relation to Petrobras’s divestment programme.
The Legal 500
Tiago do Monte Macêdo is a partner in the Corporate and M&A practice at Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown, with a focus on the oil, natural gas, and hydrogen sectors. Since 2017, Macêdo has advised national and international clients in these sectors on transactions and projects in Brazil. Macêdo is a specialist in regulatory, contractual, and corporate issues and has acted as a lawyer on large and complex infrastructure projects in the structuring, implementation, and operation phases, as well as on mergers and acquisitions, privatizations, and auctions. Macêdo served as a Federal Attorney in the Office of the General Counsel for the Federal Government from 2004 to 2017, having worked in the Attorney General's Office of the National Land Transportation Agency (ANTT) from 2004-2006; in the Attorney General's Office of the National Department of Mineral Production (DNPM) from 2006-2008; in the Attorney General's Office of the National Petroleum Agency (ANP) in the Federal District from 2008 to 2010; as Coordinator of Litigation from 2008 to 2009; General Coordinator of the PF-ANP/DF from 2009 to 2010; in the Attorney General's Office of the ANP in Rio de Janeiro from Jan/2010 to Dec/2016, occupying the position of Attorney General of the National Petroleum Agency, and in the Attorney General's Office of the Administrative Council for Economic Defense (CADE) until July 2017.
Tiago has vast experience and relevant activities in the area of Oil and Gas at ANP:
- Concession Regime
- First major review of the concession contract for the 11th Round.
- Participation in the Working Group for the improvement of concession contracts for the 12th and 13th Rounds.
- Participation in the Working Group set up by MME and ANP for the elaboration of CNPE Resolution 02/2012, which canceled the 8th Concession Round.
- Advisory and Consulting to the Working Group set up by MME and ANP for the elaboration of CNPE Resolution 02/2016 that provided for the extension of the concession contracts in areas that are part of the pre-salt area.
- Participation as representative of the ANP in all arbitration claims by the concessionaires.
- Approval of all legal opinions related to bidding documents, bidders' resources, sanctions applied to bidders, concession agreements, concessionaire requests and contractual sanctions between January 2010 and December 2016.
- AMAGIS/DF, Post Graduate of Public Law
- University of Fortaleza, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
Inscription au Barreau