Marcelo Ramos Leite is an associate in the Anti-Corruption & Compliance practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the São Paulo office.
He has experience in the coordination of internal investigations and provides advice in cases related to potential violation of domestic and foreign anti-corruption legislation, and enforcement of disciplinary measures. Marcelo was a member of the investigation team of one of the world’s largest internal investigations and has conducted several others, including large multi-jurisdiction investigations.
He provides strategic legal assistance and advice on anti-corruption & compliance issues. Marcelo has experience in the implementation and enhancement of compliance programs and risk assessments. He also conducts anti-corruption & compliance due diligences in the context of IPOs and M&A transactions and on third parties.
Marcelo graduated from Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul Law School, with an academic exchange at Lund University (Sweden), and attended a corporate law and governance course at London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE).
Before joining Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown, Marcelo practiced in a prestigious international law firm in São Paulo and Porto Alegre, Brazil.
- Conducted the Petrobras independent internal investigation into bribery allegations involving the state-controlled oil company, which has been deemed one of the world’s largest investigations.
- Conducted a large internal investigation of potential irregularities by the top management of a large Brazilian sanitation company, as well as assisting in the preparation and implementation of the remediation plan. The investigation included over 50 employees and its result could have impacted on the disclosure of the company's financial statements in Brazil. The work also included interactions with several Brazilian authorities, including MP-PR, MPF and the Federal Police. Shadow investigation has been conducted by a top accounting firm that ended up comfortable with the results of the internal investigation and the company was able to publish its financial statements on time. The company is listed on B3 (Brazilian Stock Exchange).
- Coordination of several internal investigations for national and multinational companies from the oil & gas, information technology, infrastructure, petrochemical, automotive, events and entertainment, services, pharmaceuticals and life sciences, and consumer goods sectors.
- Conduction of risk assessments for compliance programs and corporate transactions.
- Implementation and enhancement of compliance programs.
- Implementation and review of codes of conduct and policies.
- Providing strategic legal assistance and advice on anti-corruption & compliance issues.
- Drafting and review of commercial agreements from an anti-corruption & compliance perspective.
- Conduction of anti-corruption & compliance due diligences and background checks on third parties.
- Conduction of anti-corruption & compliance due diligences in the context of IPOs and M&A transactions.
- Experience in corporate law and M&A.
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS), Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
Lund University, Sweden, Exchange Student
London School of Economics and Political Science, Corporate Law and Governance, Summer School
Instituto Brasileiro de Ciências Criminais (IBCCRIM), Investigações Corporativas
Escola Superior de Propaganda e Marketing (ESPM), Rio de Janeiro, Boas Práticas na Gestão de Crises de Imagem e Reputação
Inscription au Barreau