Bárbara Leite is an associate in the Corporate and M&A, Energy and Africa practices of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the Rio de Janeiro office. Bárbara focuses her practice on advising national and foreign oil and gas companies, having experience in the upstream and midstream segments, including biofuels.
Bárbara has experience in corporate restructuring, international contracts and typical contracts of the oil industry. She also works in regulatory consultancy and administrative demands with government entities.
- Advised the Malaysian National Oil Company in connection with the registrations and qualification processes for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Pre-Salt Bidding Round and for the 14th Bidding Round, organized by the National Petroleum Agency - ANP.
- Advised Petronas Petróleo Brasil Ltda. in the registration and qualification processes for the 6th Pre-Salt Bidding Round and for the 16th Concession Bidding Round, organized by the National Petroleum Agency - ANP.
- Advised Petronas Petróleo Brasil Ltda. in the acquisition of 50% of the exploration and production rights held by Petróleo Brasileiro SA - Petrobras, in the Tartaruga Verde field (BM-C-36 concession) and in Module III of the Espadarte field, which resulted in a transaction of 1.3 billion dollars.
- Advised Wintershall on the registration and qualification processes for the 15th Concession Bidding Round, organized by the National Petroleum Agency - ANP, in which Wintershall was granted the rights to explore seven offshore areas.
- Advised Barra Energia do Brasil Petróleo e Gás Ltda. on the sale of a 10% participating interest in Block BMS-8 (Carcará) to Equinor.
- Advised Barra Energia do Brasil Petróleo e Gás Ltda. in a LCIA/UNCITRAL arbitration seated in Paris initiated by Dommo Energia S.A.
- Advised a multinational oil company in the acquisition of three offshore assets located in the Campos Basin, as part of the divestment program of Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. - Petrobras.
- Advised multinational oil companies on legal possibilities related to the Transfer of Rights regime, as well as to the registration and qualification processes for the Bidding Round for the Transfer of Rights Surplus Volume.
- Advised multinational oil companies on the acquisition of strategic assets within the scope of the divestment program of Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. - Petrobras.
- Advised international service providers on participation in tender procedures carried out by Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. - Petrobras.
- Advised international service providers on issues related to supplier registration in Petrobras' system for suppliers – Petronect.
- Advised national and multinational companies on administrative demands before the National Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels Agency - ANP.
- Advised multinational companies with intercompany loans, capital increase and registration of financial transactions in the Central Bank of Brazil (SISBACEN) system.
Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro – UERJ, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
Inscriptions au Barreau
- Member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators – AIPN
- Member of the International Law Studies and Research Center – NEPEDI/UERJ