Jennifer Keating represents clients in transactions and general corporate law matters. Her transactional practice is focused on stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures, mergers, joint ventures and similar transactions. She also advises clients on corporate governance matters and has represented clients in strategic commercial matters such as licenses, technology agreements, development and collaboration agreements and supply and distribution agreements. She has worked with clients in a number of industries, including chemicals, agribusiness, financial services, technology, automotive and telecommunications.
Jennifer joined Mayer Brown in 1999 and is co-leader of the Chicago Corporate & Securities practice. Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Jennifer was a law clerk to the Honorable James B. Loken of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
- Represented CNH Industrial in the acquisition of AgDNA, a leader in farm information management systems.
- Represented a global information services company in the divestiture of an intellectual property solutions business.
- Represented Syngenta Crop Protection AG in connection with various matters, including (i) the acquisition of Abbott & Cobb, a U.S.-owned independent breeder, producer, and marketer of vegetable seeds, (ii) the acquisition of the professional products insecticide business of E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, (iii) the negotiation of a research partnership with AgBiome, Inc., (iv) the sale of the Syngenta Horticultural Services distribution and brokerage business and (v) the negotiation of a global technology development agreement with, and subsequent acquisition of, Pasteuria Bioscience, Inc., a US-based biotechnology company.
- Represented Cummins Inc., a global manufacturer and distributor of diesel engines, filtration and power generation products, on the acquisition of a 50% equity stake in a Chinese joint venture.
- Represented DaVita Inc. in the formation of a joint venture involving the sale of an aggregate 40% equity interest in DaVita’s Asia-Pacific kidney care business to subsidiaries of Khazanah Nasional Berhad and Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
- Represented The Dow Chemical Company in connection with various matters, including the $1.2 billion sale of ANGUS Chemical Company, the formation of a joint venture with Mitsui & Co., Ltd. for the production and sale of biopolymers in Brazil, and Dow’s acquisition of the remaining 50 percent stake in its joint venture, Univation Technologies, LLC, from ExxonMobil Chemical Company.
- Represented Wells Fargo in the negotiation of an agreement for the transfer to AFCO of producing agent relationships from Wells Fargo’s insurance premium finance business.
- Represented Northern Trust in connection with various matters, including the negotiation of an exclusive partnership with, and subsequent acquisition of, BEx LLC, a provider of software solutions in the financial technology sector, an investment in Parilux Investment Technology, LLC, and the acquisition of Belvedere Advisors LLC.
- Represented Ryerson Holding Corporation in its acquisition of Fanello Industries, a metal processor and service provider.
- Represented a global management consulting and professional services company in the acquisition of an advisor to global financial and investment firms.
- Represented a global investment fund manager in the formation of a joint venture with a leader in the global payments industry.
- Represented a European investment firm in the acquisition of a U.S. manufacturer of visual merchandising products for the global retail industry.
- Represented Chemtura Corporation in connection with various matters, including the sale of its EPDM and chemical foaming agent businesses and the sale of its Refined Products business.
- Represented Illinois Tool Works in various matters, including its acquisition of CFC International, a holography and specialty coated film company, via a public merger and its acquisition of Click Commerce, via a cash tender offer and second step merger.
- Represented the largest of the Golden Harvest group of seed companies in the sale of a 90 percent interest in those companies to Syngenta.
- Represented General Motors Corporation in the sale of its Electro-Motive Division (EMD) to an investor group led by Greenbriar Equity Group and Berkshire Partners.
- Represented Abbott Laboratories in its acquisition of i-STAT Corp. via a cash tender offer and second-step merger.
The University of Chicago Law School, JD, with honors
Topic Access Editor, The University of Chicago Law Review
Cornell University, BA
Inscriptions au Barreau
- US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Member of Board of Trustees, Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago