"It's always a joy to work with her." "Caroline is a class act." "She is very diligent, thorough and responsive."Chambers UK 2021
Caroline Humble is a partner in the Real Estate practice of the London office. She has extensive experience acting for clients on high profile and high value investment transactions and development projects.
Caroline is the lead partner for key client British Land and during 2017 she advised British Land on the sale of the “Cheesegrater” for £1.15 billion. She has also advised British Land in relation to their super prime development of Clarges, Mayfair; their scheme at Blossom Street, Shoreditch and manages their prime Central London mixed use campus at Paddington Central. Most recently in 2018, Caroline advised British Land on their acquisition of the Woolwich Arsenal Estate. She also represents a number of private equity real estate clients including Brookfield Global, Cabot Properties and Kennedy Wilson. Notable transactions in 2017 include acting for Cabot Properties on the sale of their first UK portfolio of industrial properties to London Metric for £116 million.
Caroline is commended for her “tenacity” and “commercial attitude” (Legal 500 2015) and is noted by clients as “experienced and commercially minded” (Legal 500 2014).
She joined Mayer Brown in 2002 and was made partner in 2012.
- Advised the British Land Company plc and Oxford Properties joint venture on the sale of The Leadenhall Building for a headline price of £1.15 billion to C C Land, the Hong-Kong listed property development company.
- Advised the LKK Health Products Group, a member of the Hong Kong-based food company Lee Kum Kee Group, on its purchase of the London tower known as the “Walkie Talkie” for £1.2825 billion. This makes it the largest-ever office complex property transaction in the United Kingdom.
- Advised Kennedy Wilson Europe Project Gatsby on the acquisition of a £503 million portfolio of 180 mixed-use properties from multiple receivers on behalf of Aviva Commercial Real Estate.
- Advised Cabot Properties Inc, the US based private equity investment development company, on the sale of its first-ever UK portfolio of logistics properties, to London Metric, for circa £116m. We had acted for Cabot Properties on the acquisition of the portfolio over a number of years.
- Advised the British Land Company plc in 2018 on the acquisition of the Woolwich Arsenal Estate, a mixed retail and residential destination in south east London, for £103 million.
- Advising the British Land Company plc on their prime mixed use campus at Paddington Central - one of their key London campuses. We advise on all aspects of the development, leasing and asset management and most recently in 2017 acted on all the office pre-letting agreements in 4 Kingdom Street, the first building British Land has developed since acquiring the campus in 2013.
- Advising the British Land Company plc on the acquisition, redevelopment and leasing of their super-prime residential scheme at Clarges Mayfair. The scheme also includes high quality prime office space, retail and affordable housing.
- Advised Kennedy Wilson Europe on the construction and development aspects of their PRS-led scheme at Pioneer Point, Ilford. Caroline acted for Kennedy Wilson on all aspects of operating the acquisition of the property in 2016 and have advised on related construction and development matters.
The College of Law, York
Inscription au Barreau
- England and Wales
- Caroline Humble is frequently called upon by major property investors and private equity funds to advise on high-value real estate transactions. She has considerable expertise in both development and investment matters relating to office, logistics and mixed-use assets. "Caroline is diligent and provides thorough advice." - Chambers UK 2022.
- Listed as a Leading individual and key lawyer for Commercial Property - Legal 500 2022.
- Caroline Humble is frequently called upon by major property investors and private equity funds to advise on high-value real estate transactions. She has considerable expertise in both development and investment matters relating to office, logistics and mixed-use assets. "It's always a joy to work with her." "Caroline is a class act." "She is very diligent, thorough and responsive." – Chambers UK 2021.
- Listed as a 'Leading Individual' and under 'Other key lawyers for Commercial Property Caroline is ‘an outstanding individual who is incredibly bright yet fiercely commercial’. – Legal 500 2021.
- Listed as a 'Leading Individual', Caroline Humble is frequently called upon by major property investors and private equity funds to advise on high-value real estate transactions. She has considerable expertise in both development and investment matters. According to a client, "Caroline is a superb lawyer who is excellent at managing complex projects and transactions, and who shows a great understanding of the legal detail as well as the commercial implications of her advice." – Chambers & Partners 2020
- Listed as a 'Leading individual' and under 'Other key lawyers' 'Caroline Humble is another standout name' – Legal 500 2020.
- "experienced and knowledgeable" – Legal 500 2017.
- Commended for her "tenacity" and "commercial attitude" – Legal 500 2015.
- "experienced and commercially minded" – Legal 500 2014.
- "a rising star" (Legal 500 2011).