Menachem M. Hasofer
International Arbitration, Electronic Discovery & Information Governance, Litigation & Dispute Resolution
International clients seek out Menachem Hasofer for his experience in litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution. His work focuses on handling documents-intensive disputes arising from building construction and infrastructure projects.
Menachem advises companies on records retention and management, including storage and retrieval of electronically stored information and e-discovery.
Menachem has significant experience in public/administrative law cases, particularly in representing Hong Kong land owners and NGOs in judicial review proceedings concerning town planning, environmental and land lease decisions. He also counsels clients on public procurement/tendering issues under the WTO Agreement on Government Procurement (GPA).
He is a co-author of chapters on international litigation and arbitration in Electronic Discovery Deskbook, published by Practising Law Institute.
- The Hysan Group and the Real Estate Developers Association of Hong Kong (REDA), respectively, in appeals to the Court of Final Appeal regarding constitutional proportionality in Town Planning and on the Building Authority's Proof of Ownership requirement.
- Ocean Park Corporation on the town planning and construction aspects of its tender for the development of two hotels.
- The owner/operators of the Eastern Harbour Tunnel in arbitration proceedings against the Transport Department of the Hong Kong SAR Government relating to the Operation and Management Agreement and toll setting mechanism.
- The Arbitration Powerlist: Hong Kong – The Legal 500
- Leading - Leading Construction & Infrastructure Litigation Lawyers, Hong Kong – Doyle's Guide
- Leading Individual - Construction, Hong Kong – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- Band 1 - Construction (International Firms), China – Chambers Greater China Region
- Leading Individual - Construction (International Firms), China, "Extremely experienced in town planning work. He's a very bright guy, who's efficient and accurate." – Chambers Asia Pacific
- The College of Law, New South Wales, Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Legal Practitioners Admission Board (Supreme Court of New South Wales), Dip (Law)
- The Securities Institute of Australia, Certificate in Financial Markets
Inscription au Barreau
- Hong Kong
- Australia, New South Wales
Engagement professionnel et communautaire
- Accredited Mediator, Hong Kong Mediation Accreditation Association
- Fellow, The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Accredited Mediator, HKIAC
- Member, Society of Construction Law
- Guest Lecturer, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Hong Kong