David Gervais advises UK and international clients in connection with complex, high-value real estate investment, development and finance transactions.
Clients turn to David for his extensive experience in the office, retail and logistics sectors. David advises investment firms, private equity funds, asset managers and lenders on some of the largest projects in London and the UK.
David acted on the £480m acquisition of 1 London Wall Place from Brookfield in 2020.
- Edmond de Rothschild Real Estate Investment Management on their financing for the acquisition and development of a London logistics facility.
- AGC Equity Partners on their acquisition, management and sale of Citi Tower, Canary Wharf to Citigroup for a price in excess of £1 billion, their acquisition of 1 London Wall Place from Brookfield for £480 million and their sale of Milton Gate, Moor Lane, London for £198 million.
- Bain Capital on their acquisition and redevelopment of 60 Sloane Avenue, Chelsea to provide prime office and retail accommodation, their acquisition and development of 8 Eaton Lane, Belgravia to provide 42 luxury residences with prime retail and leisure facilities and their acquisition and development of a luxury lifestyle boutique hotel and prime residences in Mayfair.
- Cabot Properties Inc., on their acquisition, forward funding and development of logistics facilities throughout the United Kingdom.
- Apollo on their financing of the £1.5 billion redevelopment of The Whiteley, Bayswater to provide 139 luxury residences, retail, leisure and hotel facilities.
- An alternative investment firm on their management and operation of a 1,000 bed student accommodation and serviced apartment development in Poland.
- An Italian fashion house in connection with their UK retail property portfolio.
- A US private members hotel on their acquisition and development of a new Central London hotel and private residences.
- Middle Eastern private clients on their acquisition of ultra-prime residences in London and New York.
- Various UK funds in connection with the management of their commercial property portfolios.
Inscription au Barreau
- England and Wales
- In the 2018, 2017 and 2016 editions of The Legal 500 UK, David is noted for his work in real estate: commercial property and is described as “swiftly responsive.”