"Aline Fidelis is undoubtedly an out-of-the-box partner. Smart, practical, hard worker, always available to serve us efficiently. We noticed how she is always ahead in technical matters, which shows that she is always studying all topics related to labour law in Brazil. Aline Fidelis is a consolidated star"The Legal 500, 2023
Aline Fidelis is the partner in charge of the Employment & Benefits practice group at Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown. She has extensive experience in strategic labor litigation and counseling, with over 20 years representing clients in the following sectors: oil & gas, capital markets, banking, education, life sciences, technology, energy, among others. She assists clients with her unique negotiation skills and ability to develop innovative solutions.
Her experience includes the development and review of company policies, incentive plans and profit-sharing plans or results; strategically representing clients in collective negotiations, meetings and mediations; acting in collective bargaining and strike issues, enforcement actions and prohibitory injunctions; advising on the hiring of foreigners to work in Brazil and of Brazilians to work abroad; handling individual and collective labor claims as well as public civil claims; working on the defense of clients’ concerns in preparatory procedures and civil investigations filed by the Public Labor Prosecutor’s Office; offering preventive advisory services; aiming to mitigate labor-related risks and clients’ responsibilities in issues regarding occupational health and safety; hiring, compensation, diversity and the termination of executives.
Aline is currently a Master’s degree student at Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo (“PUC-SP”), where she also acts as assistant professor of Labor Law, Legal Logic and Hermeneutics. She has also published multiple articles and contributed to legal books.
She is an advocate of diversity and inclusion matters, working with a diverse team that values an inclusive, collaborative and creative environment able to come up with efficient and innovative results.
Before joining Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown, Aline was the partner responsible for the Employment and Benefits Practice of Kestener, Granja & Vieira Advogados (2018-2019), a senior associate at Mattos Filho (2015-2018) and Machado Meyer (2010-2015) and, previously, an associate at Cescon Barrieu (2009-2010).
- In the States of São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Rio Grande do Sul defended several clients in public civil actions promoted by the Public Prosecutor's Office; advised several customers in colletive actions brought by employee’s labor unions and actively participated in collective bargaining negotiations.
- Evaluated and proposed mitigation strategies for the labor risks of pioneering educational project in Brazil, involving a digital platform geared towards answering questions online (for ENEM, the national high school entrance exam). The work was very successful and enabled an award-winning application to be made available to the public.
- Successfully represented the interests of several securities and exchange brokerage companies in conflict, including recognition of the employment relationship of autonomous investment agents.
- Advised an important telephone company in complex negotiations involving the termination of the working relationship with its chief executive oﬃcer, enabling the implementation of corporate operation intended by the company.
- Defended clients in the education, banking, oil & gas, food, retail, life sciences and fashion sectors, regarding strategic labor claims before the Labor Courts, as well as administrative proceedings before the Ministry of Labor and the Labor Public Prosecutors Oﬃce.
- Advised on labor matters in an important M&A operation involving the acquisition of an important Steakhouse network, in Brazil and abroad.
- Advised clients of the oil & gas and energy fields on global mobility matters involving the assessment of appropriate visas and monitoring of processes before migratory authorities.
Pontifical Catholic University PUC/SP, Masters in Labor Law (Ongoing 2021/2023)
Pontifical Catholic University PUC/SP, Post-graduation in Material Law, Collective Rights and Procedural Labor Law
Faculdade de Direito do Largo São Francisco, Extension Course in Relevant Matters of Employment Law
Insper - Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa, Extension Course in Data Protection and Privacy
Escola de Direito de São Paulo da Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV-EDESP), Extension Course in Corporate Reorganization Mandates
Escola de Direito de São Paulo da Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV-EDESP), Arbitration
Centro Universitário Salesiano de São Paulo, Post-graduate course in Civil Law and Procedural Civil Law
Escola de Direito de São Paulo da Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV-EDESP), Extension Course in Negotiation Skills
Escola de Direito de São Paulo da Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV-EDESP), Extension Course in Management and Leadership
Faculdade de Direito de São Bernardo do Campo, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
Inscription au Barreau
- Recognized by Leaders League Brazil as Recommended in the Labor Litigation area, 2022-2023
- Recognized by Leaders League Brazil as Recommended in the Labor Advisory area, 2022-2023
- “What distinguishes the Tauil & Chequer in association with Mayer Brown labour team is the ability to find unique and innovative solutions. In addition, the team is diverse in terms of professionals which allows us to notice that the different points of view are used for the team to find these innovative solutions in the day-to-day of the legal services that provide us so much in strategic litigation, as well as in advisory and negotiations with unions. Aline and her team are really excellent and in the loop in terms of finding legal solutions.” – The Legal 500, 2023
- ‘Aline Fidelis is undoubtedly an out-of-the-box partner. Smart, practical, hard worker, always available to serve us efficiently. We noticed how she is always ahead in technical matters, which shows that she is always studying all topics related to labour law in Brazil. In addition, she has formed an excellent team, which grows every year. Aline Fidelis is a consolidated star.” – The Legal 500, 2023
- “Aline Fidelis: partner who gets down to business, works, responds quickly and has a well-formed team to accompany our needs.” – The Legal 500, 2023
- Recognized by The Legal 500 2023 as Next Generation Partners in the Labor and Employment area
- 'Very technical, with good negotiating power and critical and strategic analysis of situations.' – The Legal 500, 2021
- Recognized by The Legal 500 2021 as New Generation Partner in the Labor and Employment area
- Recognized by Leaders League Brazil's Best Counsel 2021 as Recommended in the Labor Advisory area
- Recognized by Leaders League Brazil's Best Counsel 2021 as Valuable Practice in the Labor Litigation area
- Recommended by LACCA Approved in the Labor area, 2019 - 2021
- Recognized by Benchmark Litigation as a Labor Litigation Star, 2019 - 2021
- Recognized by Análise Advocacia Mulher in the areas of Digital / Engineering Construction in 2021 and 2022