Rebecca is a "powerhouse" and "commercially savvy." She is "an excellent negotiator and advocate for her clients." with a "stellar reputation"Chambers USA 2015-18
Rebecca Eisner is a member of the Global Management Committee for the firm and previously served as a member of the Global Partnership Board and as Partner-in-Charge of the Chicago office.
Rebecca has over 25 years of experience representing clients in hundreds of matters in technology transactions, including digital transformation, data, software, outsourcing, and data privacy and security.
In digital transformation, data and software, Rebecca has extensive experience in the following areas:
- cloud agreements including appropriate regulatory, privacy, data protection, data use and analytics and licensing terms for cloud contracts (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS);
- big data and data analytics and licensing agreements;
- software development and licensing;
- artificial intelligence (AI) and robotic process automation;
- ERP implementations;
- systems integrations;
- hosting and data center agreements.
In outsourcing, Rebecca has represented clients in many industries in complex global technology and business process outsourcing transactions of all types including:
- business process and IT outsourcing (BPO and ITO);
- re-structuring and re-negotiating outsourcing transactions;
- termination and in-sourcing;
- managing acquisitions and divestitures in outsourcing transactions; and
- other strategic sourcing relationships.
In security and data privacy, Rebecca regularly advises clients in global data transfers and privacy issues, privacy assessments, privacy compliance, and appropriate security and privacy measures in supply chain and third party contracting.
Rebecca is nationally ranked in the areas of technology and business process outsourcing. She has been described as "an expert negotiator, and intelligent, focused and pragmatic." Sources note that "her dynamism in negotiations is extremely effective" and that she "knows her subject matter and is very open and engaging." Rebecca has also been lauded for her "ability to get the results we're looking for without antagonizing the other party" (Chambers Global and Chambers USA). She has also been named as among the World's Leading Lawyers (information technology), Best Lawyers in America (technology law and information technology), one of the top women attorneys in Illinois (Leading Lawyers Network 2006, 2007, 2009) and on the list of Illinois Super Lawyers. Rebecca is recognized as one of the leading lawyers in the outsourcing field by Chambers Global ("1" ranking in Outsourcing), Chambers USA ("1" ranking in "Nationwide: Outsourcing" and "Illinois: Technology & IT Outsourcing") and Legal 500 (recognized in "Technology Outsourcing"). Best Lawyers named Rebecca as its Chicago Technology Lawyer of the Year for 2015. Profiles in Diversity Journal has named her a "Woman Worth Watching." In 2019, Rebecca was named to The National Law Journal’s (NLJ) inaugural list of "Technology Law Trailblazers."
Digital Transformation, Data and Software
- Advised a multinational professional services firm in negotiations with numerous digital transformation and cloud-based providers, including for email, messaging and mobility systems, cloud ERP, customer-facing products and SaaS solutions, and data analytics and use issues. Also represented this global firm in negotiations with various emerging technology providers, including in the areas of security, encryption, cloud platform, software development and data analytics.
- Represented a global online service provider and media/publishing entity in negotiations with cloud providers such as Microsoft365, Rackspace, CenturyLink and Virtustream.
- Advised numerous manufacturing, retail and banking clients in a global cloud computing agreements with Microsoft for all of our client's email activities including storage, transmission, collaboration, tools, and cloud platform services.
- Represented a major retailer in its use of public cloud and private cloud solutions for its main retailing website.
- Represented a major manufacturing company in connection with its internet of things data solutions.
- Represented a quick serve food chain in connection with its licensing and use of a digital online ordering platform and point of sale technology agreements.
- Represented financial institutions and insurance companies in various digital transformation and Fintech initiatives, including creation of banking systems and activities with Fintech providers, and cloud platforms.
- Advised a global auto manufacturer in connection with its onboard telematics systems, including hardware, services, digital content and data usage issues.
- Advised a global chemicals company in connection with privacy and data transfer issues regarding its spin off of an existing business division into a separate company. Coordinated advice from more than 25 countries regarding these issues.
IT and Business Process Outsourcing
- Represented a publicly-held company in the global outsourcing of its back office supply chain support services and the related divestiture of its intellectual property assets in the foods industry for approximately $160 million.
- Represented a global media and news company in its ITO including services in more than 90 countries.
- Represented an international consumer packaged goods company in a three-tower global outsourcing deal with a total value of over $500 million in the areas of procurement, application development and maintenance and finance and accounting, involving global transformational projects.
- Represented an international food products company in outsourcing of its indirect procurement functions, with contractually committed savings in the hundreds of millions.
- Represented an international food products company in a global finance and accounting outsourcing involving multiple continents.
- Represented one of the largest employers in the US in an offshore HR outsourcing deal, and two finance and accounting deals.
- Represented an electronic media and publishing company in its renegotiation and restructuring of an $300 million ITO deal, including implementation of a transformative virtualization program.
- Represented an insurance company in its infrastructure and network management outsourcing.
- Represented an international food products company in two significant outsourcing transactions with a total value of over $1 billion: one transaction is a major category and transactional procurement outsourcing project; the other involves global infrastructure, cross functional, and network services.
- Represented a global communications products manufacturer in a global IT outsourcing transaction valued at $1.7 billion and involving the transfer of employees and assets in more than 40 countries; subsequently retained to negotiate two offshore application development and maintenance deals with two Indian providers; when this client later spun off a significant business division, Rebecca represented the company in separating the existing outsourcing services agreement into two agreements, with a separate service agreement for the spinoff entity.
- Represented an educational publisher in outsourcing its indirect procurement function with committed savings.
- Represented a leading energy company in one of the first three-tower business process outsourcing transactions to be done: This client outsourced information technology, finance and accounting, and human resources functions to one supplier in a deal valued at roughly $350 million.
- Represented a global equipment manufacturer in its analysis, negotiations, and ultimate selection of a global sourcing strategy for its global procurement functions, including Asia, Europe, and North America.
- Represented a global data mapping company in two agreements with major Indian offshore providers for data cleansing and application maintenance. Also represented this client in connection with its establishment of a hybrid captive offshore service center in Asia. Provided strategic counsel to a global manufacturer of consumer products in global HR transactions outsourcing.
- Represented the financial division of a diversified Fortune Top 10 company in its evaluation and implementation of an electronic signature and record vaulting system.
- Represented a global equipment manufacturer in its provision and licensing of integrated hardware, software, and services solutions to the mining and heavy equipment industries.
- Represented a national cellular service company in negotiations of a hardware, software, and services agreement with its key supplier of cellular network and infrastructure materials.
- Provided ongoing support to a major quick-serve restaurant company in various information technology, services, and licensing arrangements, including recent re-negotiations with a key supplier of a critical information technology system for its stores, franchisees, and headquarters; also assisted this client with data privacy and transfer compliance issues in its global transactions.
The University of Michigan Law School, JD, cum laudeMichigan Journal of Law Reform.
The Ohio State University, BA, cum laude
Inscriptions au Barreau