Francis L. Doorley
Financial Services Regulatory & Enforcement
Frank Doorley is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Washington DC office and a member of the Financial Services Regulatory & Enforcement group. He handles a broad range of federal and state regulatory compliance matters, primarily for consumer financial product and service providers. Frank has significant experience advising lenders, consumer finance providers, and investors on compliance obligations under federal and state law. His experience covers a range of products and program structures, including Fintech and marketplace lending programs, retail and home improvement financing, general-purpose unsecured credit, and small business lending and alternative financing.
Some of Frank’s representative engagements include:
Regulatory Compliance Counseling:
- Conducting regulatory due diligence reviews for portfolio acquisitions of, or investments in, consumer financial products and services including mortgage loans, unsecured consumer loans, specialty finance products such as point-of-sale financing, business purpose rehab-to-rent and “fix and flip” mortgage loans, and innovative earned wage access and merchant cash advance products.
- Advising financial services providers in consumer finance program development by providing comprehensive guidance on compliance with requirements under federal consumer financial laws such as TILA, RESPA, ECOA, and FCRA, drafting consumer-facing program documentation and disclosures, and identifying applicable licensing obligations.
- Advising financial institutions, investors, and consumer financial services providers on compliance with state licensing laws related to mortgage origination and servicing, unsecured consumer lending, and other financial products and services.
- Conducting a review of a financial institution’s mortgage servicing practices for compliance with TILA and RESPA.
- Advising on the consumer financial regulatory content of securities disclosures in connection with securitizations of marketplace lending receivables.
- Northwestern University School of Law, JD, cum laude
Senior Articles Editor, Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology
- University of Kentucky, BA, magna cum laude
Inscription au Barreau
- District of Columbia