Stephanie Coirin is an associate in Mayer Brown's Chicago office and a member of the Corporate & Securities practice. She focuses her practice on mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate governance matters.
Prior to working at Mayer Brown, Stephanie was an associate at Skadden Arps for four years, where she worked on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and finance.
Stephanie has represented public and privately-held companies in a variety of industries.
Stephanie received her JD from Northwestern University School of law and her BA in Psychology with a minor in Philosophy from Saint John’s University. While in law school, Stephanie worked as a judicial extern for Judge Sharon J. Coleman in the US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Stephanie also worked as a legal extern at Accenture.
Stephanie won the Rising Star Award and the Rookie of the Year Award from the National Immigrant Justice Center for her dedication to immigration pro bono work.
Stephanie is admitted to practice in the state of Illinois.
- Haitian Creole
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented 3i-backed Regional Rail in its acquisition of Pinsly Railroad Company’s Florida operations.
- Represented Redwood Trust Inc. in its $490 million acquisition of CoreVest American Finance Lender LLC, a leading nationwide originator and portfolio manager of business-purpose residential loans, from Fortress Investment Group LLC and certain management holders.
- Represented a private equity investor in two attempted sales of its fast food franchise business for approximately $750 million.*
- Represented Cardinal Health, Inc. in its $6.1 billion acquisition of the medical supplies business of Medtronic PLC.*
- Represented Rockwell Collins in its $8.6 billion acquisition of B/E Aerospace, Inc.*
- Represented the Middleby Corporation in its $1 billion acquisition of the Taylor Company from United Technologies Corporation.*
- Represented Ball Corporation in its $6.9 billion acquisition of Rexam PLC.*
- Represented the ABL lenders in the Sears Roebuck and Co. bankruptcy proceedings and financing process both in the DIP loan and acquisition financing processes.*
*Representation while at a prior firm.
Northwestern University School of Law, JD
Saint John's University, BA
Inscriptions au Barreau