Calton Chu is a senior associate in the Corporate & Securities practice in Mayer Brown's Hong Kong office. Calton has represented multinational corporations and private equity funds on cross-border transactions across a wide range of industries including technology, financial institutions and real estate. He has also advised companies on intra-group restructuring and corporate governance issues
Calton joins Mayer Brown from a leading law firm in Hong Kong.
Calton speaks English and Cantonese.
- Advised a Chinese conglomerate on the sale of its global IT outsourcing and consulting business.
- Advised Permira and its portfolio company, Tricor Group, on bolt-on acquisitions by Tricor Group of Madison Pacific Group and Richful Deyong Group.
- Advised CITIC Capital on its investment in LanzaTech New Zealand Limited.
- Advised Amazon Web Services on its acquisition of a Hong Kong internet data center operator.
- Advised UBS on its investment in NIO Inc. (formerly NextEV Inc.) via a subscription for new Series C Preferred Shares.
- Advised Catalyst CEL Management Ltd. on its investment in SatixFy Limited, a semiconductor company that develops SoCs for satellite communications via a subscription for new Series B Preferred Shares.
- Advised U.S.-based Kulicke and Soffa Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: KLIC) on an international restructuring involving entities located in the United States, Singapore, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, the Cayman Islands, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Taiwan and the Philippines.
- Advised one of the world's largest industrial conglomerates on its global corporate reorganization.
- Advised LimeTree Capital on its Indonesian joint venture to acquire and develop real estate in Bali, Indonesia.
- Advised LimeTree Capital on the offshore shareholders' agreement relating to its acquisition of real estate assets in Niseko, Japan.
- Advised Sojitz Corporation on its acquisition of a controlling stakes in Phenix Jet Hong Kong Limited.
- Advised Village Roadshow Entertainment Group on its Chinese film and TV production joint venture with Perfect World Pictures and WME-IMG.
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, JD
Inscriptions au Barreau
- Hong Kong
- Member, The Law Society of Hong Kong