Co-leader of Washington DC Office Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Marcus A. Christian
Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Cybersecurity & Data Privacy, Global Investigations & White Collar Defense
Marcus Christian is a co-leader of the Washington DC Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice and co-leader of Global Cyber Incident Response. He is also a member of the Cybersecurity & Data Privacy, White Collar Defense & Compliance, National Security, and Government Contracts practices. Since joining Mayer Brown in 2013, Marcus has represented clients in matters involving data security planning, board governance of cybersecurity, cyber fraud, data breach response, and congressional investigations, among others.
- Named to Cybersecurity Docket’s 2021 “Incident Response 40,” a list recognizing 40 of the “best data breach response lawyers in the business.” The publication also noted that those recognized "have established themselves as the 'first call' for companies hit with a cyber attack or other data security incident." Marcus was also named to the publication’s lists in 2019, 2018 and 2016.
- Named to Washingtonian’s Top Lawyer list in 2018 and 2019.
- Yale Law School, JD
- University of Oxford, MSc
- Williams College, BA
Phi Beta Kappa
Inscription au Barreau
- District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US District Court for the District of Maryland
- US District Court for the District of Columbia
- US District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Engagement professionnel et communautaire
- Member of Leadership Florida
- 5000 Role Models of Excellence Project
- Vice-chair of WLRN Public Radio & Television’s Community Advisory Board. WLRN was winner of three national Edward R. Murrow Awards in 2013, including one for National Network Radio Investigative Reporting