Esther Chang is a Corporate & Securities associate in Mayer Brown's Chicago office. Esther focuses her practice on mergers and acquisitions, advising both public and private companies on cross-border and domestic mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, corporate governance, general corporate and business law. Esther was named a Rising Star by Illinois Super Lawyers between 2014 and 2017 for mergers and acquisitions. Esther speaks Mandarin and is proficient in French.
- Represented Elkay Manufacturing Company in the sale of Elkay Wood Products Company to ACProducts, Inc., a portfolio company of American Industrial Partners.
- Represented Envestnet, Inc. in the $500 million acquisition of PIEtech, Inc.
- Represented Falconhead Capital, LLC in its acquisition of Kwik Tek, Inc., a leading designer and supplier of outdoor branded products for the recreational water sports and winter sports markets.*
- Represented Jarden Corporation in its US$13 billion merger with Newell Rubbermaid, Inc.*
- Represented FuelQuest Inc., a leading on-demand software and services company for the global downstream energy industry, in the sale of its Zytax energy-related tax automation business to Avalara, a leading cloud-based sales tax and compliance automation technology provider.*
*The above representations were handled by Ms. Chang prior to her joining Mayer Brown.
Boston College, BA, cum laude
Boston College Law School, JD
Inscriptions au Barreau
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Alliance for Women of the Chicago Bar Association
- Co-Chair, 2013-2014
- Co-Vice Chair, 2012-2013
- Co-Chair, Programming, 2011-2012
- Alumni Board Member and Chicago Chapter Leader, Boston College Law School Alumni Association
- Treasurer, 2019 - current