Alexander W. Burdulia is a Registered Foreign Lawyer in the Corporate & Securities practice in Mayer Brown's Hong Kong office. He advises asset managers and other investors, corporations and financial institutions in a variety of corporate and commercial matters including private equity and venture capital investments and financings, investment fund matters and cross-border mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures.
Alex is a key contact point for the ESG Initiative within the Mayer Brown network and a founding member of the Firm’s ESG Steering Committee. He advises impact investors in investment transactions and was responsible for sustainable finance regulatory, policy and advocacy matters while serving as the Head of APAC Public Policy on secondment at a leading international bank. He is a GRI Certified Sustainability Professional fluent in sustainability standards and disclosure regimes, and a frequent author on ESG-related topics.
Alex was seconded to a leading international bank in Hong Kong for twelve months where he served as the Head of APAC Public Policy. He led advocacy efforts and advised stakeholders at all levels of the organization on numerous policy and regulatory matters throughout the Asia-Pacific region ranging from developments in sustainable finance, capital markets and data protection to politics and international relations.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Alex worked in the New York City office of another international law firm where he focused on private equity transactions and general restructuring and finance matters.
- Advised LeapFrog Investments, a leading social impact investor focusing on Asia and Africa, in connection with its investment in Series B Preferred Shares of PT PasarPolis Indonesia, one of Indonesia’s first and leading Insurtech companies. This is one of the top 10 insurtech transactions globally in 2020 (Insurtech Report).
- Advised Capsquare Asia Partners on its co-investment with a leading international Development Finance Institution with respect to an investment in a group manufacturing automotive components in Indonesia.
- Advised LimeTree Capital on the disposal of its portfolio of Sri Lankan real estate assets to a Singaporean purchaser.
- Advised a Chinese conglomerate on the sale of its global IT outsourcing and consulting business.
- Advised institutional investors on limited partner commitments into numerous funds focused on investments in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Advised a private equity sponsor in its investment in an international provider of big data analytics and market research for the consumer packaged goods, retail and healthcare industries.
- Advised a private equity sponsor and its portfolio company, a provider of outsourced supply chain solutions, in the acquisitions of a food and beverage specialized third-party logistics firm and a developer of third-party logistics software.
- Advised a consortium of investors in the acquisition of a provider of email phishing defense technology.
- Advised private equity sponsors in acquisition financings ranging from US$120 to US$200 million, various portfolio company matters and numerous M&A bidding processes.
- Advised a leading independent power producer and its debtor affiliates in the restructuring of approximately US$2.5 billion of funded indebtedness through their Chapter 11 reorganization cases in the United Stated Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- Advised a global fashion retailer and its debtor affiliates in the restructuring of over US$450 million of funded indebtedness through their Chapter 11 reorganization cases in the United Stated Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
University of Pennsylvania Law School, JD
Executive Editor, Journal of Business Law
Wharton Business School, Certificate, in Management
Rutgers University, BA, cum laude
Inscriptions au Barreau
- New York