"Miriam Bruce is excellent: intelligent, client-focused and super-savvy. incredibly responsive; always on hand to help and able to judge urgency very well."Legal 500 2021
Miriam is a partner in the London Employment Group. She has been recognized in the legal directories for a number of years and is listed as a "Next Generation Partner" by Legal 500 2021.
Miriam deals with a wide range of contentious and non-contentious employment law matters and acts for clients across a variety of sectors, including insurance, financial services, retail and manufacturing.
Her advisory experience includes advice regarding TUPE, dismissals and settlement agreements, redundancy programmes, employee handbooks and policy reviews, disciplinary and grievance issues and drafting employment and consultancy agreements. Miriam is also experienced in managing global employment law projects across a number of jurisdictions on issues such as redundancy, changing terms and conditions and business transfers. She also advises multinational companies on employee mobility matters. She has also worked on the employment aspects of a number of different outsourcing deals, both globally and in the UK.
Miriam’s contentious experience includes acting for employers in Employment Tribunal, Employment Appeal Tribunal and High Court claims involving a broad range of issues, including unfair dismissal, discrimination and breach of contract.
Miriam speaks regularly at internal and external events on employment law related issues.
Miriam joined Mayer Brown in 2005 as a trainee and qualified in 2007.
Inns of Court School of Law, Legal Practice Course
City University London, Post Graduate Diploma in law
University of Durham, BA (Hons) Modern Languages
Inscriptions au Barreau
- England and Wales
- In a significant development to the team, the 'excellent' Miriam Bruce was promoted to partner in January 2020. Her recent work includes transactional support on high-value deals, strategic advisory work and handling sensitive exits of senior executives. Listed as a 'Next Generation Partner' and under 'Other key lawyers'. Miriam Bruce is excellent: intelligent, client-focused and super-savvy. Miriam Bruce and Paris partner Julien Haure are incredibly responsive; always on hand to help and able to judge urgency very well. Practical and effective advice and they take the time to discuss and understand the matter fully’ - Legal 500 2021, Employers.
- Listed as 'Up and Coming' and an 'associate to watch', Miriam Bruce is a highly regarded associate who regularly advises clients from the financial services and insurance industries, among others, on the full range of employment matters. Clients praise her "in-depth understanding of the impacts and risks for our organisation" and describe her as "extremely pragmatic in providing advice and guidance." - Chambers UK 2020.
- Listed as a 'Rising star' and under 'Other key lawyers' by Legal 500 2020. 'Senior associate Miriam Bruce is also a key member of the team'.
- Listed as an associate to watch, Miriam Bruce is "very organised, knowledgeable and sensible." She is an associate within the team and advises clients on both contentious and non-contentious matters. - Chambers UK 2019.
- Listed as a Next Generation Lawyer and key name to note - Legal 500 2018.
- Senior associate Miriam Bruce is experienced at handling a range of employment law matters for clients in the financial services, retail and manufacturing sectors. She is noted as being "highly responsive, practical, sensible and always clear and straightforward." - Chambers UK 2018.
- Ranked as a Next Generation Lawyer - Legal 500 2017.
- Associate Miriam Bruce has been highlighted for her "excellent and responsive advice." - Chambers UK 2017.
- Mayer Brown International LLP’s "excellent" team is "an authority in employment" and "should be a first stop for City clients" .... includes senior associate Miriam Bruce, who is "a real joy" - Legal 500 2016.
- Recommended - Legal 500 2015.
- Ranked as a "Rising Star" in Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers magazine for 2014, employment section.