Bernina Butt advises corporations, financial institutions and private equity investors on a broad range of finance matters, including acquisition, leveraged and real estate financings and restructurings. Bernina’s international perspective and diverse experience, which encompasses human rights, corporate and commercial law, asset and project finance and banking, enable her to craft unique solutions for clients dealing with complex matters.
Bernina represents clients such as Avedon Capital Partners, Edmond de Rothschild Real Estate Investment Management and Sixth Street Specialty Lending.
- Edmond de Rothschild Real Estate Investment Management on the financing for a logistics property in London.
- Sixth Street Specialty Lending's European business in connection with the public takeover offer and successful settlement of shares in Easy Software AG by deltus 36. AG, a holding company controlled by funds of Battery Ventures.
- proFagus Group, a portfolio company of Borromin Capital Management and a leading German manufacturer of natural additive products (e.g. smoke flavorings used in the food industry, acetic acid, grit, tar and tar oil) and high-quality and environmentally friendly barbecue charcoal and related products, on the successful refinancing of certain of its existing financial indebtedness.
- Avedon Capital Partners on the financing for the acquisition of Hauck Group, a leading European brand for equipment for babies and children, in a combined share and asset deal in Germany and Hong Kong.
- Wepa Hygieneprodukte GmbH, one of the leading tissue producers in Europe, in connection with a €550 million dual-tranche high yield bond offering and the amendment and restatement of its super senior revolving credit facility and intercreditor agreement.
- Wepa Hygieneprodukte GmbH on a €50 million tap offering.
- An international bank on a real estate hotel development financing.
- An international bank on a real estate investment and development financing.
- An international bank on a real estate financing involving a Korean real estate fund structure.
- An international bank on an acquisition financing secured by a portfolio of nine properties.
University of Toronto Faculty of Law, Juris Doctor
University of British Columbia, Canada, BA, English Literature and Economics
Inscription au Barreau
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- England and Wales
- British Columbia, Canada
- Republic of Ireland
- Bernina is an active member of various Mayer Brown diversity committees and regularly advises on pro bono matters.