This seminar will cover topical issues facing US energy and other companies doing business in Brazil and/or Angola. Members of our energy and tax teams will help clients address some of the complex tax issues they will face doing business in Brazil and Angola, Africa. The seminar is aimed at tax and finance professionals and in-house counsel involved in the Brazilian or Angolan energy markets.
Our US and Brazilian lawyers will cover the latest updates on Brazil tax structures in the morning with the afternoon focused on new developments in Angola. Topics to be covered:
- New developments on REPETRO and other special customs regimes
- ICMS new issues and developments
- Tax structures and transaction flows related to charter and service contracts with Petrobras and their recent developments
- Service tax levied on special offshore field services
- New developments on taxation of the purchase of foreign services
- Planning and structuring expatriates work force in Brazil
- Overview of Angolan Tax System
- Withholding tax on services provided in or out of Angola related to Angola Projects
Date & Time
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Mayer Brown's Houston Office
700 Louisiana Street, Suite 3400
Free parking in building
For additional information, please contact Michelle Grace at +1 312 701 7094 or
Learn more about Mayer Brown's Energy practice.