TEI's 59th Midyear Conference
March 29- April 1, 2009
Grand Hyatt Washington - Washington, DC
The conference will feature many special sessions focusing on the economic downturn, including:
- Washington Update: What Does the Obama Administration Mean for Tax Policy?
- M&A in a Troubled Economy
- Making Lemonade Out of Lemons: Economic Downturn Challenges & Opportunities
- Cash is King: Tax Planning with Accounting Method Changes
- Using Foreign Losses
- The Effect of Business Constraints on State Tax Compliance
- Staff Retention: The Challenge of Retaining the Best People When Things Go Bad
Mayer Brown partners Joel V. Williamson and John T. Hildy will join Michael J. Bernard, Tax Counsel for Microsoft, in presenting the session "Tax Controversy and Litigation Developments" on March 31st from 4:00-5:00 p.m. The session will provide dialogue on cases concerning tax accrual workpapers, economic substance and penalties.
Joel V. Williamson
John T. Hildy
Tax Executives Institute
For more information or to register, please visit www.tei.org.