Tackling E-Discovery Before Regulators and Government Investigators
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
As regulators and government investigators try to identify the culprits behind the global financial crisis, companies are preparing for an increase in litigation and e-discovery requests. Businesses need to be prepared to respond to discovery requests quickly and thoroughly or risk exposure to government sanctions. Join Angeline Chen, Associate General Counsel of Lockheed Martin Corporation; Joseph De Simone, litigation partner in Mayer Brown's New York Office; and Michael Lackey, litigation partner in Mayer Brown's DC office, for a discussion of recent trends and developments in this area, including:
- What should companies do to make sure that they are prepared for possible governmental investigations?
- What to think about and do when the subpoena first arrives?
- How to handle a "Dawn Raid."
- How to manage the costs and risks of the document collection and production process.
- How does responding to a governmental investigation differ from responding to discovery in civil litigation?
This webinar is the sixth in our series, In Focus: A Corporate Litigation Web Series, which is hosted by Mayer Brown LLP and Incisive Media (formerly American Lawyer Media). This complimentary web series will examine litigation issues facing in-house counsel and business executives.
For additional information, please visit www.law.com/infocus or contact Tom Kiley at