Claims for Research & Development Credits have always been contentious, as taxpayer audit experience and IRS guidance have borne out. Indeed the IRS has formally identified R&D Credits as a Tier I Issue.
Although taxpayers have recently logged wins in research and development cases, audits of these claims remain intense, and the IRS continues to be skeptical of claims.
This session will include:
- Practical tips for gathering and preparing evidence to substantiate R&D Credit Claims.
- An introduction to key legal provisions of R&D Credit.
- New developments in relation to R&D Credit Claims.
- Anticipating potential audit issues when developing your claim.
- Common IRS challenges to supporting documentation.
William A. Schmalzl
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. CET
5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. GMT
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. EST
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. CST
9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. PST
CLE credit is pending.
Instructions for accessing the program will be sent prior to the event.
Learn more about Mayer Brown's Tax Controversy practice.