Social Media Revolution: Business & Litigation Risks
The Ritz-Carlton Chicago
March 22 & 23, 2011
In the expanding world of social media, the rules are ever changing. New entrepreneurs, novel tools and state-of-the-art applications bring day-to-day change for businesses, making it even more difficult to keep your company and employees ahead of the curve. Virtually every business has a presence – self-generated or through employees, customers and third parties – on social media platforms. Whether it’s protecting the privacy of your customers or your company’s brand, or using or defending against its use in litigation, social media has become an integral part of doing business today.
Mayer Brown presented, along with a number of your in-house peers, Social Media Revolution: Business & Litigation Risks. This two-day program explored the best practices, liabilities, opportunities and pitfalls companies face as investment in and support for social media become a critical factor for business success. The program featured speakers from some of the nation’s most recognized businesses and media companies. Program topics included:
- The Litigation Front: Social Media in the Courts
- Ethical Considerations for Attorneys Who Use Social Media
- Social Media in the Workplace – To Squelch or Embrace, That Is the Question
- Developing a Social Media Policy
- Social Media Forensics: The Next Generation of E-Discovery and Information Governance
- Government Uses of Social Media in Civil and Criminal Matters
If you have any additional questions, please contact Annie Westover at
or +1 202 263 3039.