PLI’s Appellate Advocacy is expected to provide insight into effective appellate advocacy. ttendees will hear about aspects of the appellate process, from things to do (and not to do) in the trial court, to strategies and techniques for persuasive brief writing and oral argument, to how and when to seek amicus support, to the rehearing and certiorari processes. Attendees will also hear the “view from the bench” - what judges find persuasive and effective.
Topics to be covered:
- Strategic choices in the trial court, as well as common trial court issues to watch out for
- How to be an effective advocate both in brief writing and in oral argument
- Soliciting amici and preparing amicus briefs
- The rehearing and certiorari process
- The View from the Bench: effective appellate advocacy from the judicial perspective
Speaker: Lauren Rosenblum Goldman
For more information please, click here.