State attorney general investigations have become just as prevalent as investigations conducted by the DOJ, SEC and other regulatory agencies. Many of these investigations are initiated by several state attorneys general working together. For in-house counsel, handling an investigation by one attorney general can be trying, but how do you effectively deal with a multistate investigation?
Please join Carrie Di Santo, Vice President and Global Chief Compliance Officer for Aon Corporation, and Mayer Brown partners Ty Fahner, a former Attorney General of Illinois, and Hector Gonzalez, a former Assistant US Attorney in the Southern District of New York, for a discussion on state attorneys general investigations. The discussion will include:
- The issues of greatest concern for state attorneys general
- The primary factors which may affect an attorney general investigation
- How multistate investigations are conducted
- How to best position yourself to respond to a multistate investigation
- What penalties and concessions are often sought in multistate investigation
- How to keep the investigation from turning into litigation
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
12:30 - 1:30 p.m. Eastern
This webinar is the tenth in our series, In Focus: A Corporate Litigation Web Series, which is hosted by Mayer Brown LLP and Incisive Media (formerly American Lawyer Media). This complimentary web series will examine litigation issues facing in-house counsel and business executives.
Presentation Slides (PDF)
For additional information, please visit www.law.com/infocus or contact Tom Kiley at