Infrastructure Provisions of the US Stimulus Legislation
Thursday, March 19, 2009
As President Obama settles into the Oval Office, everyone is wondering what to expect from his new administration. In this series of post-inauguration webinars, Mayer Brown's Government & Global Trade practice, in conjunction with practices across the firm, is taking a closer look at the changes we might see under our new President and how his policies could affect areas such as energy, tax, legal reform, telecommunications, government contracts and antitrust, among others.
For the third event in our series, we will focus on the infrastructure provisions of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (the Act). The US infrastructure market is being significantly impacted by the Act as well as by the Obama administration's proposed federal budget principles and pending surface transportation authorization legislation. Please join us as Mayer Brown's government relations, global infrastructure and government contracting lawyers discuss:
- The provisions of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act that relate to infrastructure, including in the areas of highways, high speed rail, public transit, ports and airports;
- The potential opportunities for private investors in the infrastructure market as a result of the Recovery Act;
- The Obama Administration's proposed budget principles as they relate to infrastructure, including the proposal for a National Infrastructure Reinvestment Corporation and additional high speed rail funding;
- The primary issues that will shape the debate related to the new surface transportation funding authorization legislation to be considered by Congress later this year, including private investment in infrastructure and new sources of funding transportation; and
- The procurement provisions and oversight measures that apply to projects funded under the Recovery Act.
Cameron S. Hamrick - Washington DC
Kathryn Kusske Floyd - Washington DC
David Narefsky - Chicago
Joseph Seliga - Chicago
Tiffany L. Smith - Washington DC
Presentation Slides (PDF)
Presentation Audio (MP3)
Learn more about Mayer Brown's Government Relations, Global Trade and Infrastructure practices.