Global Patent Enforcement and Defense Litigation
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Registration: 8:30 a.m.
Briefing: 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Breakfast will be provided.
Mayer Brown LLP
71 S. Wacker Drive
Please join us for a breakfast briefing at which Mayer Brown patent litigators from our Hong Kong and US offices will discuss comparative differences and benefits of litigating patent cases in major international forums, including the PRC, Hong Kong, London, Germany and the US. The briefing will highlight how differences in procedures, timing, costs, and remedies can impact the choice and sequence of forums, and inform a global patent enforcement and defense program.
The briefing will discuss how the different jurisdictions vary with regard to:
- Time to trial
- Costs to trial
- Procedure, including whether infringement and validity is determined in one or two forums
- Who decides, i.e., a jury, a general jurisdiction court or a specialized tribunal
- Evidentiary and procedural rules affecting the cost and timing of litigation
- Recovery of attorneys' fees
- Injunctions and damage awards
Ian N. Feinberg - Partner, Mayer Brown LLP(United States)
Kenny K.S. Wong - Partner, Mayer Brown JSM (Hong Kong)
CLE credit is pending.
Register > >
For questions regarding the program, please contact Hilary Alexis at
or +1 312 701 8678.