WebinarGlobal Accounting Liability Webinar
BDO International can be liable for the actions of BDO Seidman LLP
Thursday 10 April 2008
Mayer Brown invites you to join us for a webinar to discuss the implications of the recent Florida Appeals Court ruling that BDO International could be liable under agency principles for the actions of its member firm, BDO Seidman LLP. Top tier accounting firms face a continual battle to keep pace with their clients' demands for a seamless global service while at the same time insulating the global organization and other member firms from claims against individual member firms. This webinar will examine where the lines are now drawn, what accounting firms can do to prevent claims leaking into the global organization, and what the future is likely to hold.Specific topics of discussion include, amongst others:
Thursday, April 10, 2008
- The law prior to the BDO decision governing liability of global organizations for member firm acts.
- How did the BDO decision differ in its analysis and thus expand the potential liability of global organizations?
- What arguments remain after the BDO decision to limit this liability?
- What practical actions can be taken by global organization to limit exposure?
- What should other member firms do to limit their potential exposure through the global organization?
9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. (PST)
11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (CST)
12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. (EST)
5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. (BST)
6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. (CEST)
Presentation Slides (pdf)