As the law and rules regarding intellectual property continue to evolve, companies are finding more challenges on how best to protect their IP assets. Understanding the changing landscape in the USPTO and courts is vital to protecting your company's intellectual property.
Please join George Washington University Law School, Mayer Brown and Cornerstone Research, along with a number of your in-house peers, for a discussion of hot topics and recent developments in IP law.
Program topics include:
- Damages in Patent Litigation Cases: The New Models
- Tips and Trends for Litigating Patent Cases in the Federal Courts
- A New Challenge: Navigating Inter Partes and Post-Grant Review Under The America Invents Act
- The In-House Counsel Perspective: Tips for Outside Counsel and Trends
Confirmed speakers include:
- Hon. Randall R. Rader, Chief Judge, US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Hon. Dee Benson, US District Court Judge, District of Utah
- Hon. Paul Grewal, Magistrate Judge, Northern District of California
- Hon. Charles E. Bullock, Chief Administrative Law Judge, US International Trade Commission
- Hon. James D. Smith, Chief Administrative Patent Judge, US Patent and Trademark Office
- Janet Gongola, Patent Reform Coordinator, United States Patent and Trademark Office (AIA and USPTO Regulations)
- Edward Blocker, IP&S Manager Healthcare, Philips Intellectual Property & Standards
- Mary Fuller, Executive Director and Associate General Counsel, IP, Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.
- Henry Hadad, Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Intellectual Property, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Michael Keeley, Senior Vice President, Cornerstone Research
- F. Scott Kieff, Professor, The George Washington University Law School
- David P. Ruschke, Chief Patent Counsel, CardioVascular, Medtronic, Inc.
The George Washington University Law School
2000 H Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052
For more information, please view the full agenda.