Please join us as Mayer Brown partners Michael Butowsky, Cary Malkin and Lennine Occhino discuss the Ethical Duties of the In-House Lawyer, including the ABA's Model Rules of Professional Conduct and the 2010 Illinois Amendments. The presentation will also cover other rules governing in-house attorneys, such as Sarbanes Oxley and the SEC Conduct Rules, and will specifically address the following issues relevant to in-house counsel at investment firms:
- Which ethics rules apply to in-house attorneys?
- Who is the in-house attorney's client?
- Protecting privileged communications
- Conflicts and waivers
- Document retention: Professional obligation vs. SEC requirements
- Compensation and conflicts
- Formal legal opinions
Michael R. Butowsky
Cary J. Malkin
Date & Time
Monday, April 12, 2010
11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Registration and Lunch
12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. Program
Mayer Brown LLP
71 S. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606
- Lunch will be provided.
- 1.5 hours of Illinois professional responsibility CLE credit pending
- There is no charge for this program.
For additional information, please contact Michelle DeAndrea at +1 312 701 8374 or
Learn more about our Corporate & Securities, Financial Services Regulatory & Enforcement, Private Equity/Venture Capital, and Private Investment Funds practices.