This Round Table is for Chairmen and Independent Trustees only
Chaired by a Mayer Brown partner, the Round Table gives chairmen and independent trustees the opportunity to debate high level and strategic governance issues. In our December Trustees' Round Table we will look at employer covenant issues and discuss with you topics such as:
- What does the Pensions Regulator mean by the "employer covenant"? Why does it matter?
- When should trustees review and monitor the employer covenant?
- The role of the employer covenant in funding negotiations/corporate transactions.
- The importance of the wider group in assessing the employer covenant.
- Understanding how to spot the early warning signs of an employer in financial difficulty.
- What does a covenant review entail and what information do the trustees need?
- Is it appropriate to have an independent covenant review?
- Has the employer's covenant weakened? Should the trustees be concerned?
- Can the employer afford to continue to support the scheme - a fine balancing act?
- How should trustees engage with the employer on such issues and how can they establish effective communication channels?
- What steps can trustees take to improve benefit security if the employer covenant has weakened?
Registration: 5:45 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Presentation: 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
With drinks and canapésLocation (View Map)
Mayer Brown International LLP, 201 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 3AFRegister
If you would like more information or register, please contact
or telephone +44 20 3130 8952.Please note that this session is for Chairmen and Independent Trustees only