ACI's National Forum on Imported Product Safety Compliance
April 21-22, 2009
Marriott Washington, Washington, DC
American Conference Institute's National Forum on Imported Product Safety Compliance will be held on April 21-22, 2009 at the Marriott Washington in Washington, DC. Join us to learn how companies and their advisors have been approaching critical CPSIA compliance challenges and risk management. Government, industry and private practice experts will provide you with updates and best practices for implementing the new requirements, controlling costs and ensuring an effective import compliance program.
Topics will include:
- Certificate of conformity requirements: Lessons learned on how to avoid critical errors
- How CPSC and CBP are working together to apply and enforce the new rules
- Meeting testing requirements (including 3rd party testing) in a cost-effective manner
- Incorporating the new rules into your existing import compliance program
- Ensuring foreign third party compliance: Minimizing risk in your global supply chain
- Dealing with a suspected or actual product safety violation
- Complying with the Lacey Act: Managing reporting burdens and enforcement risks
Sydney Mintzer, Mayer Brown Partner will serve as co-panelist for 'A Deep Dive into the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act: What Every Customs and QA Executive Needs to Know about CPSIA Provisions, Rules and Standards' pre-conference workshop on April 21.
For more information and to register, please visit www.americanconference.com/importsafety.
Mayer Brown friends and colleagues receive a $200 registration discount by using the registration code "S." ACI will also offer a group rate along with CLE accreditation.