B. Ted Howes, head of Mayer Brown’s US International Arbitration Group, will be a featured speaker at the Global Litigation and E-Discovery ConfEx, taking place October 17, 2023 in New York City. Ted’s session is entitled, “Exploring Alternative Dispute Resolution in the USA: Arbitration vs. Mediation and Beyond.” The esteemed panel will be covering the below topics during this roundtable, taking place from 12:25 – 1:10 PM ET.
- How does the USA market stand to capture the increasing volume of international arbitrations?
- Recent amendments to the arbitration & dispute rule & regulations in USA
- Should arbitration be used instead of litigation?
- Can mediation be effectively used in connection with arbitration? If so, at what stage?
- How effective is mediation generally? In what circumstances or jurisdictions is it most effective?
- Should companies include mediation clauses in their standard commercial contracts?
- Is there a particular format best used for incorporating mediation into a dispute resolution clause?
- Mediation: what in-house counsels expect?
- Binding ADR (decision of third-party)
- Dispute resolution in the court system
- Advantages/disadvantages of arbitration over the courts
To register for the event or to learn more about additional sessions, please follow this link.