ABS East 2019 was held September 22-24 at the iconic Fontainebleau Miami Beach attracts over 4,000 attendees annually and is the site of thousands of 1:1 private investor and issuer meetings, making it a major catalyst for structured product deal flow in the U.S. Issuers looking to market their latest offerings and investors seeking yield in the ABS market will have many opportunities to connect pre, during and post-event using our unique 1:1 meeting software, in the exhibit hall and attendee lounges, and in dedicated public and sponsor- hosted private meeting spaces.
Attendees gained a competitive edge from attending the sessions hosted at ABS East. The program featured speakers whose expert viewpoints provide important industry updates, key trends, and alerts about emerging regulations, products and markets.
Mayer Brown was an associate sponsor of ABS East 2019, and partner Ryan Suda moderated a panel on September 23rd entitled “Deciphering Emerging CLO Structures.” Topics discussed included:
- The new ‘mascot’ feature received negative press. What are the facts vs. fiction regarding this and other new features emerging?
- How prevalent is it going to be, how well utilized? Is it just for lesser-known managers? What is the tradability of the mascot?
- Bond – loan hybrid deals: a solution to the drying up of loan collateral? What is investor appetite for non-Volker compliant collateralized credit opportunities?
- Stress CLOs: Are we seeing an increased issuance in CCC deals?
- How are these structures different than the much-maligned CDO?
For more information, please visit the event’s website.