As intellectual property law continues to evolve, companies are finding more challenges on how best to protect their IP assets. An understanding of the changing legal landscape and the approaches of the USPTO and the courts is imperative.
We invite you to join colleagues from a variety of administrative agencies, academia, the judiciary and private practice to discuss hot topics and recent developments in patent law at the eighth annual George Washington University Law School Symposium on Intellectual Property.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Patent Eligibility: Where do we stand after Alice and its progeny?
- From the Bench: Litigating Patent Cases in the Federal Courts
- PTAB Proceedings: How the Landscape Has Changed and Where it is Heading
- The Patent System: Where Are We? Where Are We Going?
SPECIAL KEYNOTE ADDRESS
We will be joined for a special address by Nathan Kelley, Acting Chief Administrative Patent Judge, United States Patent & Trademark Office
Confirmed speakers include:
- Hon. Marilyn Huff, US District Court, Southern District of California
- Hon. Theodore R. Essex, US International Trade Commission
- Hon. John J. Tharp Jr., US District Court, Northern District Of Illinois
- Hon. Barry Grossman, Administrative Patent Judge, United States Patent & Trademark Office
- William Atkins, Partner, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Jack Barufka, Partner and Co-Leader, Intellectual Property Practice, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Owen Byrd, General Counsel, Lex Machina
- Tina Chappell, Associate General Counsel, Director of Intellectual Property Policy, Intel Corporation
- Mark Freeman, Appellate Staff, Civil Division, US Department of Justice
- Philip S. Johnson, Senior Vice President Intellectual Property Policy & Strategy, Johnson & Johnson
- Timothy Loomis, Vice President & Legal Counsel, QUALCOMM Incorporated
- Suzanne Michel, Senior Patent Counsel, Google Inc.
- Steven M. Purdy, Counsel, Corporate Litigation, IBM
- Jonathan Stroud, Chief Patent Counsel, Unified Patents
Download Program Materials
PTAB Proceedings: How the Landscape Has Changed and Where it is Heading
- Article - USPTO Report to Congress on AIA
- Article - Amendments to the Rules of Practice for Trials Before the PTAB
- Panelist Biographies - PTAB Proceedings How The Landscape Has Changed and Where It Is Heading
From the Bench: Litigating Patent Cases in the Federal Courts
- Article - One-off or a Sign of Things to Come in Re Cuozzo
- Article - Case Note on the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals Analysis Regarding the Scope
- Panelist Biographies - From the Bench - Litigating Patent Cases in the Federal Courts
Patent Eligibility: Where do we stand after Alice and its progeny?
- Article - Do Abstract Ideas Have the Need the Need for Speed an Examination of Abstract Ideas After Alice
- Panelist Biographies - Patent Eligibility - Where Do We Stand After Alice and its Progeny
The Patent System: Where Are We? Where Are We Going?
- 2015 Patent Year in Review
- Panelist Biographies - The Patent System - Where Are We Where Are We Going
Registration for this symposium is complimentary.
CLE credit for the program is pending.
For additional information, please contact Jeremy Fegley at +1 202 263 3019 or firstname.lastname@example.org.