Leader of Private Equity, Co-leader of Mergers & Acquisitions
Corporate & Securities, Private Equity, Mergers & Acquisitions
Perry Yam is active in North and South America as well as Europe. He has considerable experience over 30 years across many elements of the asset class focusing on transactions in mid-market private equity buyout transactions assisting our sponsor clients and management teams and the investee companies on the platform acquisitions and subsequent buy-and-build strategies. The team also supports our private equity clients with the exit transactions. The team comprises of eight dedicated private equity partners in the London office and many more internationally covering a broad range of jurisidictions.
Perry is recognised as a leading advisor in both Chambers and Legal 500.
- Advised Collabera Europe Limited on its acquisition of Digiterre, an expert real-time big data software engineering solution provider.
- Advised The Halifax Group on its agreement to acquire the Worldwide Home Care division of Sodexo (France).
- Advised ByBox, a portfolio company of private equity client Francisco Partners, on its acquisition of Pelipod Limited, the specialist in secure remote locker storage solutions for field engineers.
- Advised Vitruvian Partners on portfolio company OAG’s acquisition of Infare, the Danish based provider of data to the airline industry on competitor airfare pricing and activity, from Ventiga Capital.
- Advised Epiris on the acquisition of Pure Cremation, the leading provider of prepaid funeral plans in the UK.
- "Perry is a class act." "Perry Yam is excellent in every respect." "Perry is a commercially astute and extremely client-oriented lawyer." Chambers UK
- Band 3: Private Equity. Perry Yam is co-head of Mayer Brown's global corporate and securities practice. He represents well-known private equity sponsors in a variety of deals. "Perry Yam is a one-off. Wise as an owl, entirely focused on client expectations, and bringing together his team to bring a high-quality product to bear." Chambers UK
- Listed in the Hall of Fame for Private Equity, Perry Yam leads the practice and is a highly experienced dealmaker in the mid-market space. "I worked with Perry Yam’s team at Mayer Brown on a recent UK deal. It was a super experience. They were helpful on deal process and then on a rapid escalation to get the deal nearly closed in the two weeks before Christmas. We had extraordinary access to four partners during the process." "I worked with Perry Yam, James West, Electra Callan and Tarun Patel. All were exceptional." "Perry Yam leads the team effectively and is able to cut through complex problems." Legal 500
- Perry Yam heads Mayer Brown's London private equity practice and is co-head of its global corporate practice. He represents well-known private equity sponsors in a variety of deals. "Perry is commercial and practical. I enjoy working with him." Chambers UK
- England and Wales