Rebecca Seidl is a partner in Mayer Brown's Houston office and a member of the Oil & Gas and Infrastructure Investment groups and Corporate & Securities practice. Rebecca’s primary focus is advising global energy companies, specifically those operating in the United States and Latin America.
Rebecca has a broad transactional-based energy practice. Her oil and gas experience includes upstream exploration and production, midstream operations, and acquisitions and divestitures of upstream and midstream assets. Rebecca has negotiated commercial agreements, farm-in/farm-out agreements and was the lead attorney in drafting and closing a gas purchase agreement valued over $1 billion. In addition to US onshore experience, Rebecca has cross-border international oil and gas experience. She worked on drilling and exploration programs in Mexico, including overseeing the administration of a license agreement and joint operating agreement between PEMEX and BHP.
While serving as senior in-house counsel at BHP, Rebecca was selected for an international assignment in Santiago, Chile, residing there for one year, supporting major natural resources projects. During her time in Chile, she negotiated and completed an agreement for the construction of a $1 billion desalination plant project in northern Chile. Rebecca was also responsible for all legal aspects of copper exploration in Chile, Peru and the US, while also providing significant deliverables on new-country entry into Ecuador. Rebecca is proficient in written and oral Spanish.
- Represented Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited as energy counsel in connection with the $750 million sale of APR Energy Limited to Atlas Corp., a newly formed holding company of Seaspan Corporation.
- Represented a midstream company in the sale of natural gas gathering assets in the Eagle Ford shale in South Texas for approximately $215 million.
- Represented a midstream company in the $950 million sale of its crude oil pipeline and terminal and natural gas pipeline and processing systems in the Bakken Shale.
- Represented an oil and gas company in crude oil dedication and transportation agreement and gas purchase agreements in the Delaware Basin.
- Represented a midstream company in crude oil gathering, gas gathering and gas processing agreements, and saltwater disposal joint venture agreements in the Permian Basin.
- Advised clients on regulations relevant to common carriers and gas utility regulation at the Railroad Commission of Texas.
- Negotiated and drafted various onshore shale asset swap agreements in the Permian to increase the length of drilling laterals, “core up” acreage and increase value of assets by $500M.
- Provided services to a Fortune 500 international energy company for onshore operational matters in North Dakota and Texas.
- Negotiated and drafted long-term gas supply and LNG export agreements.
- Represented clients in upstream E&P acquisitions and divestitures and midstream joint ventures.
- Provided Dodd-Frank, FERC and DOE regulatory compliance advice.
University of Oklahoma College of Law, JD
Grand Valley State University, BS, with honors, Political Science, Honors College
Oxford University, Brasenose College, Summer Study Abroad in International Legal Studies
- North Dakota
- US District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Women’s Energy Network
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
- Houston Association of Petroleum Landmen
- Rebecca Seidl was named “20 Under 40 in A&D Advisors,” Oil and Gas Investor