Heng Li is a senior associate of Mayer Brown's Beijing office. Her practice focuses on product regulatory law.
Heng assists clients on Chinese product regulatory issues in the field of chemicals, food, food contact materials, cosmetics, personal protective equipment, medical devices, radioactivity, etc. She also has extensive experience in EU product regulatory issues with regard to REACH, CLP, RoHS, WEEE and radioactivity.
Prior to relocating to Beijing office, Heng worked at the Product Regulatory team of Mayer Brown LLP's Brussels office between 2011 and 2013.
- Assisted various multinational companies on chemical management issues, such as new chemical management, hazardous chemical management, data sharing, disclosure and compliance of chemicals contained in industry and consumer products and pesticides registration, in China and other major countries in Asia. These multinational companies include:
- world leading global chemical manufacturers;
- global pharmaceutical companies;
- world leading global fragrance manufacturers;
- a consortium of global tobacco manufacturers; and
- global machinery manufacturers.
- Acted for an international fragrance industry association in local Chinese industry associations and assisted its advocacy with various Chinese government authorities, with respect to legislative developments and regulatory issues in the fields of chemical, cosmetic, detergent and disinfectant.
- Advised an international industry coalition on the compliance of its product sustainability assessment mechanism and claims under the PRC law.
- Advised a leading global manufacturer of food packaging materials on regulatory issues in China arising from the safety requirements for packaging materials and the handling of urgent food safety cases in China such as food recall.
- Advised a global food contact material manufacturer on the product classification as food contact materials, food additives or processing aids.
- Advised a conglomerate on luxurious goods on the regulatory issues arising from the importation of cosmetic products into China and the relevant registration process, and on the ABS of biological genetic resources.
- Advised a world leading cosmetic manufacturer on specific product regulatory issues in China, including product classification as cosmetic, drug or medical device.
- Advised a global leading finance and media company on carbon trading, RoHS and WEEE in China.
- Advised a global leading media company on the feasibility of multiple media initiatives in China.
- Acted for a leading world leading Chinese manufacturer of rubber additives in the registration, evaluation, RMOA, hazard classification and enforcement procedures under EU REACH and CLP, and in its global data sharing negotiation.
- Acted for a PRC petroleum chemical SOE in an EU REACH data sharing dispute.
- Advised a leading global manufacturer of high-tech aerospace products on regulatory issues arising from the requirements on substances in articles under EU REACH, and on the restrictions and exemptions under the POPs Convention and EU REACH.
- Advised a leading global chemicals manufacturer on the EU harmonised classification procedure under CLP and on the hazardous chemicals management and government investigation process in China.
- Advised a leading global chemical and personal protective equipment manufacturer on the authorisation and restriction procedures under EU REACH, and on the restrictions and exemptions under the POPs Convention.
- Advised a leading Hong Kong organization on sanction issues under the PRC Anti Foreign Sanctions Law.
- Assisted a Chinese aluminum foil company in preparing the response to the producer – exporter questionnaire in response to the EU anti-dumping investigation into certain aluminum foil from China.
- Assisted a Chinese hardware tools company in participating in the administrative review of the US antidumping investigation into certain steel nails from China.
- Assisted a leading photographic film manufacturer in the on-site verification by MOFCOM of the PRC antidumping investigation into photographic paper and paper board from the EU.
Université Paul Cézanne Aix-Marseille III, LLM
University of Political Science and Law of Southwest of China, LLB
- Brussels, Belgium (B List)
- People's Republic of China
- Highly recommended lawyer, LEGALBAND 2015 China 30 Under 30 – LEGALBAND (2015)